Hello and welcome to Coffee Chat!!
I'm starting the morning off right. 



I suppose I should start with


I trust your holidays were wonderful.
I hope that you all found some time to just be in the moments and experience joy amidst the hustle and the bustle.
I know I did!

I read quite a few books.   Watched 2 Seasons of Downton Abbey.   Baked a lot of sweats.   And somehow managed to keep my up with my workouts, and not gain any weight!!

And I hope that 2017 is basically just more of All That.

Which leads me to that big question we all face at the beginning of the New Year....
Nah... I'm gonna switch it up a bit.

Time out for Mom



Tuesday, January 10th, 2017

I'm not one for resolutions, but I hope I never stop learning.   
What was your biggest lesson learned in 2016?

I know the tendency is to look forward at the start of the New year, but I find it's a bit difficult to do that if you don't first look back.   I don't typically make a Resolution in a firm, bold or grand gesture.  I simply want to keep moving forward.  That's pretty much it. 

I needed a bit of motivation this Monday to get back into the swing of return to school and lunches and regular chores - not to mention blogging.    Then the house filled with the first sounds of silence in the past two weeks. 

So of course I opened Instagram.   

 

If I had to choose a word, I think I rather like that one "linger."

First, it's really fun to say. Try it.  Draw it out real ssssllllooowww, like llliinnnggeeerrrrrr. See? Just makes you slow right down, doesn't it?

Second, I just think it's something we don't do much in these fast modern times.
Oh we wait.  We wait a lot on things.   I hate waiting.
So I should learn instead to linger in those moments.   Because linger infers that you are hesitant to leave.   This is such a good place, I want to stay awhile.
Probably not at the dentist tho.

Anyway, it sounds much better than the other word which first came to mind - Bask.
Bass?
Basque?
Yeah... exactly.  Not clear.
For the record it means:

 "lie exposed to warmth and light, typically from the sun, for relaxation and pleasure."

On second thought, yes!!!
Let's all do that too!  😊
 

Next Week:    It's a New Year!  What is one positive thing about 2017, and one negative thing about the forthcoming year?