Good morning and welcome to Coffee Chat.
It's a ripped jeans, chai latte and bird whistling kinda Monday folks.

Also, still meeting my challenge!
Even if these are with my iPhone - it still counts.



My middle daughter Angel Girl and I stopped by my favourite local cafe the other day, while her younger sister was at a movie birthday party.    Chai latte for me and a fruit smoothie and gingerbread cookie for her.   I resisted the gingerbread cookie because Willpower y'all.
Also, they have these healthier "cookies" that are made with seeds, nuts and dried berries and a bit of honey and honestly they are absolutely delicious.   I gotta find the recipe for them so that I can continue resisting all the gingerbread and shortbread goodness that is around during the holidays.

Much of which is my own stupid doing.  😖


Get.In.My.Belly.
And then it's 200 crunchies and side planks.   Ugh.

Time out for Mom






Tuesday, December 6th, 2016

Time to share that favourite holiday recipe!  
Cocktails totally count.


So now that I have teased you with talk and images of delicious gingerbread and shortbread cookies....

... I'm going to share a recipe that is NOT gingerbread or shortbread cookies.
Because of course.
Gifts are no fun if you guess what's inside folks.

I promise it's delicious though. 
Unless you are allergic to peanuts in which case do not make these because you will die and that's not fun at Christmas either.

You know what is fun?
Recipes that only dirty ONE or TWO BOWLS!


Peannuty Chocolate Caramel Cheerio  Bars

Say that three times fast!


Ingredients:

1 pkg. (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup peanut butter; divided
4 cups Cheerios
1 cup salted peanuts (optional)
1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

Method:

In a large microwave safe bowl, heat caramels, water, 1/2 cup peanut butter on HIGH for one minute.  Stir.   Microwave 1-2 minutes longer, or until melted.    Add Cheerio cereal and peanuts; stir until coated.

Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan and set aside.

In another microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips ( I use a mixture of the semi and the milk chocolate), butter, and the remaining peanut butter on HIGH for approximately 30-60 seconds - or until melted.   Careful not to burn the chocolate - so check and stir if necessary.

Spread the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture.
Refrigerate before cutting/eating.  Cut into squares to serve.

OMG!



These are so seriously good.    Despite the large size of the pan and how much is made, these never last long around here.   Or at Left Brain's office when I send some.    It's surprisingly good for such a simple recipe with simple ingredients.

Well, unless you consider the unwrapping of about 40 little caramels.
But that's why I have kids y'all.

Enjoy!

What ya got cookin this holiday season?

Next Week:   If you could make ONE holiday wish this year, what would it be?