Christmas trees are hard y'all.


First ya gotta go out into the field and cut one down and then drag it on back home.


Then you wrestle those spiky branches and sticky sap to get it upright and decorated.
You warn your rambunctious girls with a shaking finger.
Warn the cat with the other finger.
Then proceed directly to the kitchen to make a cup of tea in your favourite holiday mug...  hearing the lovely voices of your girls reading a Christmas book while lying under the tree.

Then.... CRASH.
Something rolls across the wooden floor and stops at your feet.

It's Captain America's shield.    Like literally this happened in my living room.


Oh the irony of Cap's shield breaking off.    Movie magic right in my own home!!

You have to step carefully to get to your fallen tree because there are broken ornaments scattered upon the floor... not to mention the gallon of water that is now pouring out of the tree stand.
But one of your daughters is also UNDER the fallen tree, so time really is of the essence.  

And that is how you throw out your back, crossing a minefield of shattered glass and slippery wet wooden floor and lifting a fully decorated Christmas tree upright off one screaming child

Thankfully you still have two capable children who can bring your cell phone so you can call your hubby home from work to come set the tree right again.    And by that I mean please nail this E#@!#% to the wall before you leave again.      

So Merry Christmas Tree, let's all sit down and feel the Joy because mama can't move for a few days.


The Friendly Fill-Ins are four fun and easy statements to complete. Ellen of 15andmeowingprovides the first two statements and the final two are offered by myself. We try to make sure they will be fun to both answer and share.  On Friday, the linky will be posted at or about 12:00 AM.  Please come back, link up, and share your thoughts! Here are this week's statements with the blanks:

Week 32: December 16, 2016

 

1. My favorite Christmas Song(s) is/are Winter Wonderland and White Christmas (being Canadian of course), but I could do without hearing the same 4 lines repeated from Frosty the Snowman by my youngest ever again.
One day I hope she will learn an entire song. 
And also poop without subjecting the whole house to a live concert. 


2. My most meaningful Christmas ornament/decoration is now shattered upon the floor, because my stupid tree fell over.   It was one that I had made when I was a little girl.     So I guess I need a new sentimental favourite.

I do have an entire box of hand painted Disney ornaments.  Very lovely.  Very delicate.  And for some reason I just didn't feel like putting them on the tree this year.   They likely would have all smashed, so there is my silver lining.    


3. My favourite holiday treat is  shortbread cookies!




4.  A holiday tradition in my house is decorating the tree.... but like, ONCE -- ya know?



May your all your days be merry and bright and your trees stand firm!