Good morning and welcome to Coffee Chat!



How are you this fine Monday morning?
This is my overly pleasant tone because I'm actually nursing a migraine today.  I am  literally typing in hushed tones.   Totally possible.  
Another child sick last night and home from school today, and mama's got an awful crick in her neck.

Did you still listen in the night with one ear - even though your child is a tween now and should be capable of NOT puking all over his bedroom floor?   Yeah that.

Anyway, after trying to sleep in a bit (because Thank the merciful heavens Left Brain is home today and got the other two children off to school), my head was hurting too much so I made myself get up and get a cup of coffee.   And do some yoga.

Okay, so to be honest, it was 11 am, but also both kids had come into the bedroom to say goodbye, and then Left Brain himself must have made about 328 trips into the room, and honestly, is it any #%^@# wonder I have a headache?!

My face when I say "I have a headache" and someone asks me, "did you take anything?"



Rory, do some yoga.  You're not yourself if you don't do your yoga.


 *Not an actual photo of Left Brain and I doing Yoga.*
Although that would be really cool.

And back to soothing tones.

So my point, and I swear I do have one within this messy scramble of words, is that you just have to Do What Makes You Feel Good -- even if it's a big challenge.

Not sure that was entirely clear, but nevertheless, that is my challenge to you dear readers.

Time out for Mom




Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I'm going to give you a challenge for the rest of this month.   
I want you to think about something in your life you'd like to focus on -- just for you - and commit to that task.  Maybe it will require a daily check in.  
Maybe only weekly.   Perhaps it's writing a certain number of words per day.  
 Or a photo a day.   The only rule is that it is For YOU.  Your need.  


In my  case, I am going to challenge myself to get my camera out more often, since it has not really been used much since summer time.

You know those lovely coffee photos I like to start each Chat post with?   Well, I would actually like to be using my OWN images.  More often.   However, "still life" has not ever really been my photo expertise -- I'm more of a The World is So Beautiful kinda shutterbug.
But seriously, coffee is beautiful!
Or at least it could be.
So I will try and make it so.

And not just coffee - other stuff.  And things.   (bonus point who knows that reference?)

Now I have not been a slacker or anything, I've just been focused on All The Words.   But I also think All Words and No Images makes my blog a dull blog.   So I need to merge my two loves more better.
My blog, I can make phrases up whenever I like.
Because it feels good.

For those of you who might also be having a "ruff" day; here's Tom Hardy with a dog.
Because Reasons!!



See --  look at how freakin happy that dog is.  
And that's what y'all should do too, dear Readers.
Find what feels good - and let it kill ya.

Well, that's a bit harsh.  Maybe not actual death, just you know; a new Life.
Just for You.


Are you up for the challenge?

Next Week:  You can take these November chats to update about your personal task for the month, or;   share a Currently post:  what you're reading, listening, watching, eating, wearing, etc.