Guess What I Got?
Come on, betcha can't guess what I got this morning.

I'll give you a hint... it's a bad word.
The "S" Word.
Yes, THAT one.

SNOW.   (sorry Claudia)
But that is the world I woke up to this Sunday morning.
Also, frozen van doors.
And missing vehicle wiping thingamadoobobs.   (found in the trunk, because of course.)

Let's not forget the whiny, cranky, tired children due to two late nights in a row this weekend.  But you know, bonfires y'all.   Ya cannot resist.


Okay so, yeah and Hallelujah we're off to church!!!
(grumble, grumble heard from the backseats.)

Me thinks we might have got this Sunday off on the wrong foot.
Maybe we should just skip it -- since we are late already.   What's the point?

I'm just feeling like 2016 --  can just Quit It any damn time!!

 “Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.”

― Leonard Cohen

There is a totally a point!!
Can I get a Hallelujah?

“Remember when I moved in you and the holy dove was moving too, and every breath we drew was, "Hallelujah.”
― Leonard Cohen

A rather perfect song because it deals with the dualities of Life and Love and Faith that I am feeling this snowy Sunday morning.    But ultimately, yes - Life is Wonderful and Beautiful and fare the well great poet.  



So I'm going and I'm bringing something else along.
Something that not only brings me joy, but will also spread Joy around the World.
A very simple thing that restores my faith in the goodness of People greatly.
It's that time of year again!!



What a privilege it is to be a blessing to someone.   This year I also include my Girl Guide Sparks group, who provided enough supplies to fix TWO BOXES.    So with our two boxes above, that's a lot of Joy and Love spread round.

You see, people are not so bad.
I believe that most of us are compassionate and want to be a helping hand.   Sometimes, in our busy lives, you just need to create the space that allows them to express it.   Shout out the call, and most will answer.

I could've have sold this morning short.   Stay in pj's and watch movies by the fire kind of Sunday.    So.Much.Frustration.Stupid.Snow.
Like Hello!!!  You. Are.  Canadian.
Not your first time here!

But it's so easy to set complain as your default, innit?
To look for reasons to NOT; instead of purpose of Going Forth.
The secret is to cast you eyes on something bigger than yourself - than your own problems.   When I considered that, I couldn't wait to get to Church with my boxes and see all the others that were given.

People:  You.Are. Good.
Bless you!!   Let others be a blessing too. 
And always remember --- to pack Joy whenever you go.