A few days into this National Writing Month gig and I already am feeling a bit of the pressure.   



Not because I don't have anything to write.   I have LOTS of writing I am doing, and to be done yet.   I  did the finishing touches on my Peaky Blinders Fan Fiction story and it will be published on my Tumblr over the month.     So that's one thing checked off the list.

I have some poetry to share.   Some of it is moving in a bit darker direction at times.  That might be due to it being written while I inhabited the world of Peaky Blinders.    Or you know, some ghosts just won't be laid to rest, but can rise at the weirdest of times and come flitting about your happy little world.   

Sometimes the words just come.   
Others you have to pull up from the mud.  
Often, it's just all about spewing them onto the page.    That's what editing is for folks!
   

 

 Finally, in addition to Blog posting every day, or writing every day so you can finish that novel you always aspired towards, you can also post Photography this month.   And I have photos still from summer vacation.   

Thus, it would seem I have more than enough content to fill the month, but you know how I feel about Rules.   I am subject to the Muse mostly around here, so I cannot promise that I would post every day.    I can promise that I will WRITE every day; you just might not see it posted here.  Yet. 
  
Especially since I have just found out I will be away for several days in the middle of the month, and thus not have access to my computer.  Or photos.    That makes daily posts a little difficult.    Schedule?    
You know me, right?
 


And then there are days like today -- up all night with sick children, who are now home from school and refusing to take a damn nap.    Like how can you puke all night and NOT want to take a nap.
I want to take a nap.  
I feel like I need to renegotiate the In Sickness and In Health portion of my contract with the children.

So yeah, writing is hard y'all.   




The Friendly Fill-Ins are four fun and easy statements to complete. Ellen of 15andmeowingprovides the first two statements and the final two are offered by myself. We try to make sure they will be fun to both answer and share. On Friday, the linky will be posted at or about 12:00 AM. 
Please come back, link up, and share your thoughts! Here are this week's statements with the blanks:
Week 26: November 4, 2016

1. Peace is absolutely an obtainable goal in this world.   All you have to do is not be a dick.   So, easy.

2. I need to get the final photos off my camera and uploaded to my laptop for editing, but I keep procrastinating.    But I've been procrastinating because I've been writing, so... actually  not procrastinating.   Completely.   Just, you know, selectively.

3. A friend is  someone who lets you, be you

4. I often try to  remember things without writing them down.      Which is probably why I am sitting right now in a house without any coffee.    

I mean, there is Left Brain's coffee.... but, um... eeewwww.   It's just plain.

I am a Writer.    We need beans with some character.   A little drama.
I need some Vanilla Hazelnut Cream up in this place stat.



Image courtesy of National Novel Writing Month.

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo (or a variant of this project)?

What are some things you do to keep inspired and committed to your writing?