I am officially done with turkey.

By that I don't mean I have run out of turkey to eat.  I just mean I refuse to eat anymore this week.   I have been half asleep all week.  Forgetting things I would never forget.   Misplacing items I would never misplace.   Going back to bed after the kids get on the bus, and I NEVER do that.
Well, rarely.   But usually I am not alone if that happens.   *wink*

The joys of being married to a shift worker folks.


Although in my defense I did finally kick that cold in the butt, instead of the other way around.   So I guess I needed a little bit of extra sleep and turkey arrived just in time to assist.

Let's hope next week is a bit more productive and sees me back on my A game.   I've been doing a lot of writing in preparation for NaNoWriMo  - which I think I may just try my hand at this year so that I can finish that Sunset Story I started so long ago.    First I was locked out of my Word program so I could not continue writing, and then by the time I got access again, the inspiration had stalled.

So I've been working on another piece of fiction -- just basically practice and not something I will necessarily share here.  More just to get the creative juices flowing again.

Let's hope I can stay awake through November.    It rather feels like hibernation has come early this year.



The Friendly Fill-Ins are four fun and easy statements to complete. Ellen of 15andmeowingprovides the first two statements and the final two are offered by myself. We try to make sure they will be fun to both answer and share.  On Friday, the linky will be posted at or about 12:00 AM.  Please come back, link up, and share your thoughts! 
Here are this week's statements with the blanks:
Week 23: October 14, 2016

1. It is good to have a spare BBQ propane tank.   Because in Canada BBQ season is 12 months.



 Yep, done it. 
2. I don't understand why Reality TV shows is/are so popular.   I mean of the train wreck variety -- not your average cooking/decorating/house hunting show.    I mean the ones where the people basically treat each other like garbage.  Where the absolute worst human behaviour is put on display and marketed as Entertainment.   Where people with actual real problems are glorified so much that they do not seek help for those problems, but that they actually worsen.   
Why?   Don't we see enough of that in life already?


3. The spookiest thing that ever happened to me was  a house I grew up nearby was said to be haunted.  It's even featured in a book about  Haunted Houses in Kingston.    I toured through it a few times and I'll tell you I have NEVER felt shivers on my skin, or my hair stand up on end like in that house.

  Here is a video about the house -- it's such a beautiful old limestone home, and I do think it's rather cool that the legend continues on today. 




4. My favourite Halloween tale is  definitely The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.




Truth be told, I am not overly fond of being scared.    The Walking Dead is the lone exception, and I suppose it's because I know THEY are not real and THAT could never happen.  I am more interested in the human dilemma, than the zombie one.

Sitting watching a horror/slasher movie is not really my idea of a good time.   I suppose once you have worked in a  prison and actually met serial killers face to face; I don't really want to spend my down time watching movies about them.

Once you've seen the face of evil;  once is enough.
Give me Snoopy playing in leaves any day!