Hello October!!



As I mentioned in previous post, it was MonkeyBoy's birthday weekend, and he is one year closer to the magic lucky teen number:  13!

Vaguely wondering if we can just skip that number like all the elevators do???

I know the title up there distinctly says "Saturday" and well this is Sunday and I also don't actually have any visual proof of any cake eating.

In my defense that's largely because the four tween boys at my home devoured the entire chocolate cake before I could even get the plates.

As for being late to do my Art post;  I'm just tired y'all.
So. Tired.

It's rainy.  The air is crisp and cool, and even though I still have a cold, the windows are wide open to catch the Autumn breeze.
I immediately changed into pj's when I got home from church.   The first Pumpkin Spice Latte that Left Brain brought home is not even helping with the yawn stifling.  

Since the minions are not down with letting mama curl up with blanket, book and tea... in a Quiet Like Manner; I'm getting my Fall Aesthetic on with some photo editing.

A simple photo of the changing leaves in our front yard tree.... with some added Things I Love About Fall text I found. 



My sorrow, when she's here with me, 
thinks these dark days of autumn rain 
are beautiful as days can be; 
she loves the bare, the withered tree; 
she walks the sodden pasture lane. 

Robert Frost 


I confess to not being that inspired to make these Autumn Leaves shots "more."   Sometimes Nature requires no further adornment; it's enough on it's own slendour.

Try as I might to force some better "art" from my photos, and to keep trying even though I was never fully satisfied; I just couldn't seem to find the will to change most of the photos I captured.   Inspiration had reached its maximum output. 

But if there is one thing the season with it's Autumn Leaves is teaching me:  it's okay to Let Go.