Well I am thoroughly buried immersed in the Tween Years.
I had to create a new tag, just for this post. 

You know you've reached that "Tween" point when your daughter's voice makes even the neighbors dog leave the yard with his tail  between his legs.     Every. Single. Thing. In. The. Universe. Is. BIG!  

And your eldest, the boy, spends more time in his room, than with the family.   Unless there is a good aroma drifting from the kitchen.  Because I assure you that nice smell is not coming from his room.

Their too old for their toys.   At least the cheap toys.    Their rising interest in "play things" is directly related to the rising cost of said item.     
Conversations do get interesting though.   As they begin to understand more and more about the world.   You and your hubby cannot toss around risque jokes anymore - THEY KNOW about S-E-X.    
Also, it is probably rather disconcerting to see their father grab their mother's ass in the kitchen.    And the hallway.    

If your very lucky, they will come to you with the HEAVY stuff.   This is where all those years of listening intently, while java propped your eyelids open; begins to pay off.     I know more public school gossip than I do about Brangelina.     

Which is kinda how it should be.
Also, it must be noted: I am extremely proud of Monkey Boy, freshly 12 years of age, who has diligently saved for the past year and half to buy the latest XBox version.    The boy gave up pizza lunches people!!  This is serious.

Yes, I know there will be a brand new version of said XBox exactly 2 weeks after he buys this one. 

Gee, it's like you're almost in adult world son!  

The Friendly Fill-Ins are four fun and easy statements to complete.  Ellen of 15andmeowingprovides the first two statements and the final two are offered by myself. We try to make sure they will be fun to both answer and share. On Friday, the linky will be posted at or about 12:00 AM. Please come back, link up, and share your thoughts! Here are this week's statements with the blanks:

Week 21: September 30, 2016

 
1. Bust a Move!

Me at a party.

 


Yep, pretty  much feel like dancing these days.   It's the cooler air.    
Or I'm going crazy.
But that might be fun too.


2. My favorite magazine is .... hmmm, I don't really read magazine because of all All The Blogs.   But I did use to read Home and Garden quite a bit.   Maybe I will buy one today for old times sake.

  I find it interesting that my Google search for "mom reading magazine" mostly returned photos of a mom reading a magazine.... with kids all over her. 

Who says the Internet lies.   I see no lie.


3. Recently, I bought a pair of hiking shoes and imma gonna hit the trails for a different kind of workout.   Fall is here and pretty soon it will be Winter.  So I am soaking up as much nice weather as I can, before being stuck indoors.   (with the tweens) .

  Me in the woods.



 4. Even though I am extremely busy these days, I feel very fulfilled and content.

 Secret of life right there.
Unless you got tweens.   
 Then the secret is "yes we need more milk, bread, juice, granola bars..... just buy All The Food."

The second secret is: they will open up and talk about a lot of things important to them over a good meal/snack, at the dinner table.   You need to pay attention to these little talk, because remember:  Everything.Is.Big.

Off to plan MonkeyBoys party. 
For those in the know:   how much food exactly will four 12 year old boys consume in 36 hours?