Whew.
Anyone else really tired this summer?

I feel like my go go go is in overdrive.
Beach days, bonfires and backyard BBQs: one can hardly complain.


As I have mentioned previously, everyone else in my life seems to be the spontaneous sort, which is testing me considerably this summer: but I am trying to adjust and go with the flo.

Like literally as I started this post Friday, we got an invite with 2 hours notice to a pool party and bonfire.  As I didn't get home until 11 pm, the post remained in Drafts.  When I arrived home, another invite came in late - but I guess still technically a days notice?  And now Saturday morning as I try to finish the post, plans are confirmed to be there for noon.  

Yet, when I have invited people - while giving them ample notice: they have declined for numerous reasons...???!! 
I am at a loss honestly.
Still, there is no doubt that we are indeed having a Summer of Fun!  

So, since I am on the fly yet again: let's get to some Fill Ins!


Welcome to "Friendly Fill-Ins"! You can find the fill-ins here or at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. The first two fill-ins are provided by my co-host, Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. We have posted a link so we can all share the completed fill-ins.

We thank you for joining us each week. Your participation is very important. Sharing with you and getting to know you better through your answers is what it is all about. Please remember to visit everyone on the list. Thank you!
Here are my completed fill-ins for this week:

 1. One quirk I have is .... I honestly don't know that I have a quirk???   I must have ONE.  Everyone has ONE...???     Is "fangirling" a quirk?   Because I definitely have that!




 I just get excited about things.
I just have a lot of emotions, m'kay?


2. My favorite comic strip is ---  I have to agree with our host on this one:  Peanuts!   The Red Baron, the troubled writer, the Christmas Special, The Great Pumpkin... and of course Linus blanket.   All of them moments of my childhood to adult journey.    How can you not choose Snoopy, Charlie Brown and gang?

If you cannot get up and dance when Snoopy dances - you really must question your life priorities.






 3. I am really happy when I can slow life down a little bit and actually have time to be In The Moments.  I hate to be rushed.  I hate to juggle too many things.   I think that is the source of much stress in peoples lives these days.    We are just need to Never Hurry; Never Worry. 


 4. If I could go anywhere on a road trip, I would go to the East Coast of Canada.   Load up all the kids in the van and off we would go through Quebec, Newfoundland and the Maritime provinces.   Stopping to see such things as the Bay of Fundy, Cape Breton National Park and Peggy's Cove Lighthouse.   In fact, hopefully quite a few lighthouses.    Fresh lobster for dinner of course!  

Peggy's Cove Fisherman wharf one foggy dawn
Peggy's Cove Lighthouse (many moons ago!)

 Such a road trip would show the kids such beautiful and unique aspects of our Country, from French culture and language, to traditional Maritime life, and of course incredible landscapes. 


By Tango7174 - Own work, GFDL, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=9946654


That's all for now folks!
We are off like a herd of turtles to enjoy the day!

Have a great weekend.