"Every day may not be good... but there is something good in every day."
 ~ Alice Morse Earl

That's the inspiration behind the #OneGoodThing weekly link up that the lovely Boca Frau created; and invited Claudia and myself to help spread all the Goodness.  

It's not that hard to find one good thing in each day, once you set your vision on a collision course where Gratitude meets a Positive Attitude.

Call it your Action Plan for Happiness


Maybe it's Been a DAY!!!   And you're just waiting for that something good to come along.
Meanwhile, why not go DO something good for someone else?

You see how that works?

In an effort to live by what I preach, my Scout Co-Leader and I will be giving our Spark girls Gratitude Journals at our next meeting.   There are 7 pages and room on each page to write 3 things daily that they are grateful for.  Or, since they are only 5 and 6 ages, at least something that made them happy that day.


I am really looking forward to this project!   To see through the eyes of a child what they define as "good."    I predict a return to the simpler things in life may result.    I know that being grateful is not always an automatic response in this world of ever increasing and tempting WANTS, but perhaps we can lay a foundation in these young minds - and hearts - to seek a better value system for determining happiness.

That's a lot of Feel Goods right there!

I don't think it's just my fitness challenge (done week 2!!) that has me feeling good.   Focusing on the good definitely has health benefits; physically, emotionally and spiritually.
However, making gratitude a habit takes work!   Especially during busy seasons of life that seem like you are just solving one problem after another.

Sometimes, you just gotta soak those worries, anxieties and fears away at the end of the day.  And there is where you might just find that there's an extra knot to hold at the end of that rope.

I think it's a well known fact that I use bubbles to carry my troubles away.
No... not champagne.  Why?  Do you have some?

Simpler things, remember?
For me, it's just a good hot bath and a good book.   But lately, I've not even wanted to read, but just quiet my mind completely.   But then...... it's sooooooo quiet in there.   Yes, I'm complicated. I love music, but I don't want words in my head.   Sometimes classical is great, but even it can illicit powerful emotions too.
What to do?

Yeah - you know what's coming.
There's an App for that too!
I promise, not everything I do is an App!   I still read actual books I have to hold in my hand.  I still write in journals before I write here.
However, since I cannot have a real summer storm or jungle birds and wind chimes in my bathroom; this works great!


What I love about this App is that you can combine various sounds into your own personal melody and then save it as a Favourite.   Need some background Zen music for your yoga or meditation practice?   Trouble falling asleep and love the sound of rain on a tin roof?   Missing the beach and the sounds of the waves upon the shore and birds calling the wind?    It's all here.

You can set a timer for how long you want the melody to play.
You can set an alarm to wake up to your favourite.
You can share and listen to others.
There are even a few melodies already created for you.    Whatever your mood: you can find a sound to enhance it.

I'm a beach waves rainfall and song birds kinda girl with a little Zen pipes in the background.  I call it Bath-Time Bliss.

Finally, if journals and making music isn't really your thing, or just not quite what you're looking for:  have a goofy baby elephant.




#OneGoodThing is the amazing idea of a weekly link up celebrating the beauty and good that we take the time to notice, hosted by Suzi from Boca Frau.   Myself and Claudia from ImagesbyCW will be joining her each week on Mondays.   I hope you will join us here each week, or daily on your Instagram/Twitter//Facebook with a photo, a poem, a story, an inspiring quote: whatever good you find in your day - we want to share it with you.


OneGoodThing @ Ink <br>Interrupted