Have you ever walked into a room and wished you could make a grand entrance?
That kind of life where you walk into a room, and everyone knows your name.

Or perhaps, as you were going about a busy day, there was a soundtrack always playing in the background, highlighting each event?   The swell of violins when you have a sad moment.   A cymbal crash whenever you drop something.  The dramatic swell of Rocky music when you manage to climb back up the sledding hill for the 216 time.

Because that happens. 


Maybe your soundtrack is like mine:  the ever present Notification Sound of your cell phone.

I like the idea of the grand entrance:



But.... reality:


It's so easy to get lost in a see of faces.   Some days, don't you just feel so small and insignificant?   I swear I must be wearing the Cloak of Invisibility some days.  Wouldn't it be nice to be SEEN?   No wonder we love the idea of standing out in the crowd.


Honestly though, my hat game is not so strong.
Then again, I don't have an army of makeup and wardrobe artists spending an hour on my image each day either.   Nor do I get numerous retakes to make it Just Right.

Goals.
They should be realistic people.  Rooted in the Real World.

Maybe it's the confidence and comfort that comes with a certain age - this finally being comfortable in your own skin -- that makes it easy for me to reject this plastic and contrived cultural concept of beauty.
Wow.  That was a lot of big words.
And I meant Every Single One.

Sure, I could get noticed.
But I don't think that is the same as being SEEN.   Not in a real way.  Not in the deep connection sense of two people sharing moments.

The Soundtrack tho.
That would be different.   Songs carefully selected as auditory clues and punctuating the triumphs and trails of a life.   Each one representing something real and true.   Like my very soul rose up and pressed the Play button.   Essentially ME.

I thought it would be neat to take a test and see what my Life Theme Song would be.
Um okay.
Not what I was expecting.

Honestly, you post a few gifs of Captain America and Tom Hardy, and people get the wrong idea.
One man is enough, thank you very much.

I was hoping for something a little deeper.
Which is a very good lesson in why you should always, always be an active participant in your own journey.   Be present in your actions and choices.

Otherwise, you might get stuck with nothing but disco ringing in your ears.



I love this song from Aidan Hawken - Beautiful World.   It's romantic and sweet and gives all the feels.   But perhaps a little too mellow.

You know, I'd probably just go with a great classic like the great Satchmo singing What a Wonderful World.    


The colors of the rainbow,
So pretty in the sky.
Are also on the faces,
Of people going by,
I see friends shaking hands.
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying,
"I love you".

Really sums it up nicely, doesn't it?

Tuesday, January 26th, 2016:  Theme Song

Do you have a personal theme song?  
Have you thought about picking one each year;  
much like how blogs choose One Word?  
take the test here to see yours   


Time out for Mom