How many are ready for a Do-Over for 2016?
Like, January; you're just a practice month.
Let's being again.


I've received comments about how busy I am.
Yes.  I am.

"Can you manage to pencil me in?"
Well, that depends.   Will your attitude be joining us?

I am learning statements such as that, seem to come from individuals who are not involved in anything.   Beyond their own lives and home.   And that's okay -- good on you for knowing your limits.   Please understand though:  if you tend to look around and realize how bored and dissatisfied you have become: I am probably not available to be your spontaneous entertainment.  I wish I could be some days. That would be the easy button.

Or, maybe they just miss me.  IDK.  I'm really not that interesting that others should reject an entire world of possibilities, just to come hang with me.  I'm busy because I'm out in the world.  Yes, I am a stay at home mom.  I realize that's confusing and contradictory.
I want to make in an impact in others lives, in a real way.  That takes time and commitment.

I am intentionally busy.  No, I am not avoiding you.  I'm not undermining the importance of Friendship.  Most importantly, I am not busy, for the sake of "busy."  That leads to stress and chaos and probably overwhelming pity me feelings of nothing can function without me I gotta be there or it will all end in disaster and I sure hope they appreciate all this work I do.   No. Nope.
Purposely busy.  That implies:  WITH PURPOSE. 

I just like good things okay. 
I especially like it when the good things come from within me.   And I put them out into the world.   And more goodness blossoms!!  Yay.


I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you 
will carry it on to completion....
~ Philippians 1:6


My Pastor gave a great sermon today on this verse.   My My - how timely.
Now, I know we are all not of the same Faith.   That's okay, we can still learn from one another, right?   We can still share our hearts.
Thus, I would like to point out something about that bible verse:  "started a good work."

It's saying someone began a good work in YOU.  Way back when; before you got HERE.  A.Good.Work.Began.

That means:  You Have Purpose.
Someone thought you were special enough to live a Life designed for a specific intention.  You have all the tools within you, to complete the work.  Now I am not saying you have to believe in God to be a good person: but still... that sounds pretty darn cool.
I mean, I feel quite special.

I ask you World:  how many of you feel Special?   I mean feel it deep down in your bones?   Feel it fill your Spirit?  Know it your knower?

And if you do Feel/Know it -- why are you hurting so much?
Why the Hate, Greed, Violence, and Death?
Why so many bound to self destruction?   A good tree should bear good fruits!
Those are not good fruits! 

Kindness.  Compassion.  Peace. Love. 
You do not need to be Christian to have those good Gifts.  Believers don't corner the market on bearing good things into the world. In fact, we Fail.  And Fall.  Often.
Imma keep trying though.

The second part of that verse says something quite remarkable too: "to completion."

That means, I am not done Growing yet!  I am imperfect, but .... it doesn't stop there.   There is Hope!   The good work begun will not be lost or abandoned or set aside for other things.
Wait....for it...
Unless I do that.


Tapping into that good work that has started within you and allowing it to be the ruling factor in how you operate in the world requires something from you.

PARTICIPATION.

Thank you Pastor for that little Truth Nugget.  Also, Ouch!
Yeah, I gotta walk the walk.
Shut down Facebook before I leave that snarky comment on a post.  Resist complaining when the activities I have intentionally chosen begin to overtake my time.   Resist reading the comment section of pretty much any article on the Internet.  I cannot control the voice and choices of others:  but I can control my own response.  Choose not to feed into the negativity that others spew. 

Good fruit doesn't spoil the bunch.

A mind focused on the negative cannot produce good things. Thus, I will have to co-operate with that good work begun in me, and make the Active Choice to focus on the good things of this world.

Let that drip down into the deepest, darkest trench in my heart.  You know that place: the one where we lay up all the hurts, guilt, jealousy, hate and rage so that we can summon it up whenever we are feeling badly.   Whenever the world strikes at us, so we can strike something ugly and powerful right back.  We hold onto those things.  Black spots on a heart that should beat true love red, but pours out vile in measured strings, as I succumb to the foulness in this world.  Adding to it.  I can make my spirit match that of a world that has lost Hope; and together we circle tethered by our blackened and broken heartstrings.   And there they lay, one day unable to tune to the goodness any longer.

What if I laid One Good Thing down beside those tuneless strings?

The one that is Perfectly tuned, because it had been set there long ago.  Deep in the foundations of my creation, and has been waiting for the heart song that would call if forth.
To completion.
What if that was the string I chose to pluck.   More and more my choices intentionally tuned  to notes playing out goodness upon my heart.  Consuming my mind and spirit.  Then I carry that song out into the world.  Whistle it in the grocery aisle.  Hum it in the face of opposition and strife.  Sang it out loud and clear when the evil presses upon me.

Just One Good Thing.
Intentionally chosen.   Purposefully designed.   Cast out into the World.
It's my choice.
Can one person change the heart of the world?

Well, thankfully: it can be your choice too.    We Are Many.
All we have to do is set our finely tuned strings to notice the beauty hiding all around us.
Share that #OneGoodThing, and see how it invades the darkened spaces.

Daily.  Weekly.  Monthly.
Tweet it.  Gram It.
Participate.
Together; we can teach the world to sing.
And just like that:  We are the change.


OneGoodThing @ Ink 
Interrupted


Okay, on the less serious side, I am sharing as my #onegoodthing today, something FUN!!
Because if you live in Canada and it's a freezing cold day of snow:  you go seek fun.
Others may not find racing headfirst down a hill on a thin piece of plastic "fun"... but my kids sure do!

Since I missed Claudia's Art Link up yesterday due to some Girl Guide training, I wanted to tap into the creative side of myself today, and share this good ole clean (cold) fun with you:



Look at all that Joy and natural beauty.
Definitely good things.
Saturday Art @ ImagesByCW

#OneGoodThing is the amazing idea of a weekly link up celebrating the beauty and good that we take the time to notice, hosted by Suzi from Boca Frau.   Myself and Claudia from ImagesbyCW will be joining her each week on Mondays.   I hope you will join us here each week, or daily on your Instagram/Twitter//Facebook with a photo, a poem, a story, an inspiring quote: whatever good you find in your day - we want to share it with you.