Good Morning and welcome to Tuesday Coffee Chat.
 

Okay, so right on topic:  who volunteers to come take this cold from me?
Anyone?

Seems I haven't been quite busy enough, because the darn hack-a-lung snuck right behind me again.   I guess my theory of running amuck so that a dumb virus can't catch me, is not entirely scientifically sound.

Also, I highly doubt scientifically is a word?   Is it?
Gosh, it's fun to say though.

You know what else is fun to say?

Yes, I'd be happy to help.

Time out for Mom


 November 10th, 2015  - Do you volunteer?


For the purpose of this chat, I would say time or money counts.    There are those of us who do not have so much free time, but our hearts are willing, and thus we are quick with a donation to a charity in need.   No amount is too small.  It all helps.

Then there are those of us who are not so deep in the pockets, but we do have time to spare.  And that is great gift to another also.   Perhaps even more so.

I fall into the latter category.  With one income, there is no way I could financially support all the worthy causes I desire.   I try to make my purchases purposeful these days -- and I will have more posts in the future about that very topic.    For now, what I got, is TIME.

And since none of us know just how much of that time is to be given to us on this great Earth, I want to make sure that mine is worthwhile.

Be.The.Change.
My rule is that you cannot sit and FaceBitch on social media, or complain about the bad decisions of Politicians, IF you do not also go into the world and do your fair share to make it the world you would like to see.   Lend a helping hand.

Charity really does start at home.  So before you think that I am going to toot toot my own horn about what a wonderful, giving person I am; let me preface what follows by saying:  I am the Complaining Bitch.

Or rather, I was.
You see, there came a point where so much about this modern world just plain Pissed Me Off.   I felt so discouraged by the all the bad choices, bad news, and bad activities happening throughout the world.   So frustrated and angry.   And it began to feel like a daily emotion.
And let me tell you, it's damn draining.  You cannot have a joyful heart with that kind of poison stirring around inside.   Keep it up; you'll eventually leak that acid out on the world too.

No. Not acceptable.
Thus, I became the change I wanted to see.    This post is not intended to list all the ways I volunteer -- if many of you have been reading for any length of time, you already know where I am involved.   You see, it's not entirely Selfless, because some of that charity was FOR ME too.   I needed that change in my heart.  I needed a plan of action to redirect my thoughts towards more positive and affirmative ones.

In order to accomplish that, I needed to serve something more than my Self.   Self had to die, so that I could serve others.    And one day, it occurred to me that all that frustration, and anger, and even hate  was brewing inside of me because I Felt The Pain of the World.   And I didn't know what to do with all that HURT.

Compassion is the response to the suffering of others; that motivates a desire to help.

I said it here once before It's an action word.

Standing still and doing nothing, is akin to drowning in a sea of Hopelessness to me.   If you find yourself waiting around for good things to happen, I suggest that YOU might actually be the one who is supposed to go out and make good things happen.

Maybe what the world is waiting on, is You.

How will you know?  I call them God moments.  Maybe you call it Fate, Karma, or Destiny, or something else.  Whatever term you use, there's no denying the incredible feeling that results when you approach someone, or an organization to say,  "I feel the call in my heart to serve here, do you have a place, or need?"

And the reply, as they grasp your hand and smile wide, "Oh, yes!  We've been praying that someone would come."

Dear Readers, I guarantee that even if it's the tiniest tug on your heart that is calling you to serve others in some capacity; there is a Need to be filled.

“Wherever you turn, you can find someone who needs you. Even if it is a little thing, do something for which there is no pay but the privilege of doing it. Remember, you don't live in a world all of your own.”
  ~ Albert Schweitzer

There are so many great benefits to Volunteering: both personal and for your community.  Overall it strengthens the bonds that so delicately hold us together in this fragile, temporal world.   And, We Are All Connected.

The smallest act you do today, affects the lives of many tomorrow.

There is a wonderful opportunity coming up soon that gives us all a chance to give back.
Mark your calendars for December 1st, 2015!!



Next Week:  What do you hope to be remembered for?