Exciting news today!!!

One of my longest blogging buddies, Hilary over at Feeling Beachie, has published her second book!!!   You may recall that I reviewed her first book, Dangled Carat, here on the blog.   Since I loved that one so much, I couldn't wait to read her new one.

It's been very busy around here lately, and yet I was so absorbed in the tale of Annabel and Bea, that I was spending quite a few nights up past my bedtime.   I loved their story!!!    Even though at first I hated her mother --- it's exactly the opposite kind of relationship that I enjoyed with my own mother; I was still really rooting for both of them to mend their relationship.    Hilary has done an amazing job on the character development, and the reader is very much invested in the lives of these women.



The story has a nice twist, and your emotions will go back and forth between wanting Annabel to reconcile with her mother, or wishing she would tell Bea to shove off!   You had better hang on tight, as you are drawn right along on the emotional roller coaster ride with this mother and daughter duo.  Yet Hilary always manages to draw you back into the real emotion of her story.  Back even closer to these women.  Even as they draw closer to one another.   As the story unfolds; twists included, secrets revealed, pasts over-turned,  more and more Annabel and her mother began to feel like actual friends of mine that I just couldn't stand to see so far apart from one another any longer.   I was fervently praying for a happy ending.   I was even beginning to like Bea!!   Ssshhh!!    And can I just say: love Walter.  I wish that man was real so I could actually hug him.

You'll have to read Hilary's book to see if my happily ever after prayers were answered!  

Here's a blurb:
How well do you really know the people in your life?  

Annabel O’Conner has the perfect husband, two adorable children, an amazing job, and the mother from hell! Annabel doesn’t like it but has come to terms with the fact that her relationship with her mother, Bea, deteriorated to the point of forced and strained communications. However, an unscheduled call from Bea turns her world around and makes Annabel question everything she believed about her life. 

Despite the fact secrets, lies, and misplaced blame have destroyed the women’s relationship; Annabel reluctantly agrees to help Bea plan her wedding. Little does Annabel know the impact of her decision. 

In this Women’s Contemporary Fiction novel, Hilary Grossman explores the complex relationship that exists between mothers and daughters in a light-hearted and relatable manner.
The relationships really are the cornerstone and emotional payoff in this book.  Whether its friend to friend, wife to husband, mother to daughter; each one feels very genuine.   You will enjoy getting to know each character, and by the end wish you actually did know such characters.  And if you should discover that you are so blessed to have such wonderful people close to you, you'll be reminded to hold them close and treasure that blessing.

Now, I cannot wait for Plan C -- better get writing Hilary.  I think you will have a rather impatient fandom anxiously awaiting the next story.  :)


The book is currently available on Amazon &; Amazon UK for Kindle, and Barnes & Noble for Nook.
 
The links are:



You can find Hilary:




Also, because Hilary is not just awesome writer, but awesome person: she's having a $25 Bath & Body works Giveaway too!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Enter the contest, grab the book, and hop on over to say Hello and Congrats to Hilary.