This post will be a day early because......

..........We are having a birthday party Saturday for ZooZoo!!!!



My "baby" is six years old now.
Time just keeps slipping folks.

One of ZooZoo's favourite singers is Ed Sheeran.    Yes, you should really hear a 5 year old belt out the lyrics to "Kiss Me" at Girl Guides.

Acing this parenting thing.   *eyeroll*

Anyway, ZooZoo also loves the Fall colours and she has been learning all about Autumn and how leaves change colours.
Honestly, sometimes these posts write themselves folks.
This was a no-brainer.



Seems like only yesterday, when I hugged my swollen belly tight and prayed you would be here with me.   It does seem miles away now, that I wondered if you would ever walk beside me.   Already, we have walk countless miles together through fields, city sidewalks, muddy trails and school hallways first days.  
It's hard to believe I once stared out a hospital window and wondered if we would ever lay on the cool, damp grass under a Summer Sky and watch the stars shine just for us.
I made a wish upon a star: and here you are.

Just yesterday we floated down into a pile of Autumn Leaves, and watched the geese fly away home in their imperfect "V."   Your giggle ringing out over the sound of leaves crinkling in their autumn dresses of yellow, red and gold.  


Now I'm thinking "'bout the wisdom of leaves and their Grace."
(bonus points if you know the lyric)

Yesterday you were here with me.  Today, we celebrate You.
The stars are shining just for you, and mama's wish is that all your dreams come true.





Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?
Float down
Like autumn leaves
Hush now
Close your eyes before the sleep
And you're miles away
And yesterday you were here with me

~ Ed Sheeran - Autumn Leaves 
 
And the original shot is perfect for an edition of Good Fences.