In order to keep our body fit, we work our muscles.
In order to keep my mind fit -- I work my pen.

That sounded much better in my head while I was in Downward Dog Pose.

Joining Kat Bouska at Mama's Losin' It!  this week for a writing prompt.

One of the prompts was to write a blog post, or poem inspired by the word "deep."
You know it's hard for me to resist a poetry challenge.

Not sure I exactly got deep; intellectually speaking, but gosh it sure feels good to work your body pen!

  

I’m in a rush to get to your lips
this tug of lust a losing battle
as tongues tangle
and your fingers grasp my hips
and pull me close
so the very centre of me
clenches and warms and aches
to be filled by your ardour
and fueled by your fire
deep in the hidden place
rushes the rolling waves
and I go under once more


I am blaming this one on our recent camping trip.
I don't know about the rest of you, but sleeping out in the fresh night air, under a velvet ink canopy dotted with stars, falling asleep to the wind in the white pines and cricket song ... it just stirs something deep inside me.

Source


Honestly though... I can be really deep!  I even have a labeled tag "deep thoughts."

If you don't believe me, just read my recent post, State of Being, to see how I  can often be intellectually and spiritual deep. 

Mama’s Losin’ It