Have you ever had a close encounter, near-miss, or otherwise other worldly encounter that you just cannot explain? 


Nope.
I've been in church since almost the day I was born, and yet: nada.

Never seen one.
I've heard other recount stories of their encounters.
But me.
Not. A. One.

They are said to be our Guardians, and just maybe that imaginary friend you had as a child, was actually your Guardian Angel.    Lord knows I sure needed one, and I think it must be true because I climbed a silo once. 
Yeah, don't do that.  Don't climb higher than your Guardian Angel can fly.  

Yet, even with my faith, there are many times I ask:  if we all have Guardian Angels, why is there so much pain and suffering in the world?    Do Angels cry the same as we do?   And if they do, how are we to ever find peace in an increasingly troubled world?    We all get lost in the darkness sometimes.

Well I can't see them.   And I don't know if the morning dew is their teardrops.    But, sometimes, on a very clear, still summer day, I swear I can hear them sing.

Every time I step out in the bright sunlight of a new day, full of promise, and I feel the soft breeze upon my face, the birdsong in the trees, and the gentle scent of my garden flowers;  I wonder if they are there.    And I think, though the darkness once was, there is light that walks beside me.   I can be found again.

There are no hidden messages, should I have the heart to see what is written in the sky.  Or whispered upon my heart. 

I don't want to be afraid to believe 
in the good things of this world.

Faith isn't something passed down like the good genes that you gave your grandmother's loving eyes.
It's something that grows in each heart, and you have to work it out yourself.
And it doesn't happen in the good times.

But even the smallest step out of the darkness;  makes the light shine brighter.

Perhaps exploring my creativity is just another small step.
Maybe Art is just a creators' way of explaining our soul to the world.

(click to enlarge)



The angel statue from my own garden is the inspiration for this digital creation.
Several layers, including the bird in flight that I photographed were added for more depth.


Ever felt an angel's breath in the gentle breeze? A teardrop in the falling rain? Hear a whisper amongst the rustle of leaves? Or been kissed by a lone snowflake? Nature is an angel's favorite hiding place. 

~Terri Guillemets

LINK!!

 
About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.