Good morning and welcome to the Coffee Chat!

We are getting down to the wire.... only one more Chat after this week remains.
My regulars know that I take the summer months off because All The Children!

I know, I know... I hate to leave you too.
Sometimes it can be so hard to find even an ounce of inspiration in this dry, dusty world.

“You can't wait for inspiration.
You have to go after it with a club.”
~ Jack London

Don't worry, I'm not gonna hit anyone.
Just my way of letting you all know; I will miss your weekly inspiration sweeping away all that dust of life.

Currently, this is my main source of Inspiration:



Tuesday June 23rd, 2015

Be Inspired!!  
Share something that inspired you this week:  
a quote, a photo, a story in the news.  Let's spread some positivity! 



Time out for Mom



A few of the other inspiring things I have been privileged to witness over the past week.

  • Reaching your fitness goals.   I received a  Fit Bit (more on that later) and was happy and proud to discover that most days I am obtaining between 8,000 and 10, 000 steps.
Not bad for someone who is mostly in the house all day.

  • sons who go outside and shoot hoops for 30 minutes after dinner every night, instead of playing on their Xbox.
Because that is the thing with Determination and Inspiration: it's contagious!

  • Fathers who read great stories like "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" to their children before bed.   Sorry not pictures --- I was listening to the story.   
That's the power of being in the Now.  Being Present.

  • People who keep on shining, no matter the odds or the backlash against them.   You wonderful people, I stand and salute you!!  
Don't let anyone ever diminish your light.

  •  Real Life Heroes:

That's Chris Pratt, star of the current hit movie Jurassic World, visiting sick children at a hospital in Louisiana   If you have seen the movie, you will recognize that pose.    This man is a gift, and we must protect him at all costs.


  • Real Life heroes who also become real life memes:

 Here you see the Raptor training pose duplicated with a scene from the Avengers with Captain America, Thor and Iron Man.    Hilarious since Pratt is also a hero in the Marvel cinematic world.

But why do I find this inspiring?   Well, it's just darn funny for starters.   More importantly, this pose is spreading like wild fire!!   People are posing with their children, their chickens, their turtles -- you name it: they're posing with it!! 

Personally, I think this world could use a rousing refrain of laughter.

  • Father's Day dawned hot and sweltering and stormy.   Left Brain had to work.   But the kids and I packed up and drove the hour to my sisters house.  Where.... it was hot, sweltering and stormy.   But with more wine love and fun.    The adults were wilting under the canopied gazebo;  myself sweating buckets from carrying the cooler full of ever drink imaginable for the kids to stave off dehydration.    and the kids?
  • bouncing on the trampoline - For Hours!!!
  • running through the mosquito laden woods -- For Hours
  • playing tag on the front lawn - again hours
Is there any greater personification of JOY, than the sweaty forehead, flushed cheek'd face, and dirty noses of children playing?    Don't worry - we took them down to the lake nearby for a cooling dip in the waters.

The second great demonstration of JOY, is getting a hug when you are melting in the heat and humidity from a chilled and wriggling little body. 

The third of course will always be the perfect ending to any summer day:  bonfire and roasted marshmallows.

  •  finally, you know my own inspiration is often found looking through the lens, and that my favourite summer subject is my garden.   A recent edit that I couldn't wait to share.

For some reason, it made me think of a fair lady writing on her personal paper; a love note to her beloved.    Joy in the blossom and the burst of colour; but sadness in the lone figure of a bird waiting on a bare limb.

I am tired, Beloved,
of chafing my heart against
the want of you;
of squeezing it into little inkdrops,
And posting it.
~Amy Lowell, "The Letter"


Well, I must simply conclude that I should be grateful for such an inspiring week!
And you know, I didn't even have to look that hard -- it was bursting all around me.

The world is always trying to pull me away from myself, but when I know myself -- my Being; instead of being so consumed with my Mind:  suddenly, I see with better eyes what was there all along.

Then I realize,  this life, it's not always just the Story of Me.   It's all of Us.


 Next Week:  What's on your Summer Fun List?   Hey, if you want to get all fancy and make a poster, or beautiful journal; I'd be so thrilled and inspired.


Random!!

Stacy Uncorked

What's on your Summer Fun List?   Hey, if you want to get all fancy and make a poster, or beautiful journal; I'd be so thrilled and inspired. - See more at: http://amothersluv.blogspot.ca/2009/05/coffee-chat-sneak-peeks.html#sthash.NXPVYKLu.dpuf