I had to do the Google this week for the Photography Challenge of Negative Space. 



I had a rough idea of what it meant, but I needed some examples.   I wasn't sure if I was going for an optical illusion type shot, or one where the negative space is in fact the true subject of the photo, or if I was simply going to find some "white space" as the background of my shot.

I still don't know.   ha.
So I did the only thing I could do and just went out with my camera and took a bunch of pictures in hopes something interesting would be captured.

Sometimes you just have to choose your own adventure, right?

(click any image to enlarge in a slide show)





So clearly my sense of adventure involves a lot of white space.
In my defence, I was trying to capture some fluffy clouds, but I guess my setting wasn't quite right for the light. 

I did lie down in the grass in an attempt to infuse some colour into my challenge.  


Looking up sometimes helps too.


Well, they do have more colour.
The Lilacs against the sky is my favourite, but I still think this is a challenge that I will definitely need to revisit.    I'd like to capture something a little more visually interesting.

Which really just means - more adventures in my future. 


Through The Lens Thursday is a self-improvement photography project that Alison of Writing, Wishing and Greta of GFunkified  are doing this year (again!).
Don’t forget to join our Flickr group or share your own posts if you’d like to follow along and work on your own photography! And use the hashtag #throughthelensthursday to connect with others working on it, too.
Next week’s prompt is PATTERN.