I am sooo far behind in blogging!

I've been writing a story like crazy...


.... but I am not sure that it is appropriate enough for this "mommy" blog.

Although, it is mostly mommies that made 50 Shades of Grey a bestseller.... you thirsty minxes you.
But NO... just um No.... my story is only a couple shades of grey.   ;)

Luckily, I have a second story that is a bit more romantic fluff that I can also start sharing soon.
So honestly, I have been writing, because I know I promised you more personal reflections and things on the blog this year.
We just kinda got slammed with so much these first couple of months of 2015, and then you know restless winter bound housewife me had to renovate some rooms.

However, I gotta get back and reclaim this space.  MY space.  My TIME.
Although, in a realistic and manageable way too.

So... photography!
Right, cuz that's what you were expecting.    Be patient, the stories are coming.


 I missed yesterday because I was covered in green and blue paint, so naturally NOT picking up my camera.   But my daughters joined me in the garden today, on a hunt for things that are ROUND.

We found many things .... just laying around.

Angel Girl made this Stepping Stone for Mother's Day

LOVE my gazing ball.

An abandoned soccer ball NOT put back in the shed -- but perfect photo op.

My glows at night stepping stone
Of course the girls got bored of following me around eventually, and were off to find their own fun.
Fortunately, it played right to the prompt!




Through The Lens Thursday is a self-improvement photography project that Alison of Writing, Wishing and Greta of GFunkified, are doing this year (again!).
Don’t forget to join our Flickr group or share your own posts if you’d like to follow along and work on your own photography! And use the hashtag #throughthelensthursday to connect with others working on it, too.
Next week’s prompt is NEGATIVE SPACE.

And now that I've had a taste of the outdoors after being inside painting, a trip to the beach is the perfect end to the day!    Time to put my thinking cap back on!

Feeling Beachie

Okay, you know the deal – Each week, I (Hilary) list four statements with a blank for you to fill in on your own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to me .
If I use them, I will add you as co-host to the hop! I REALLY NEED STATEMENTS! 
This week’s co-host is ELIZABETH from SILVER’S REVIEWS She came up with ALL THE statements.

The statements:


1. After a good workout, I feel so strong and powerful, like just... come here and let me just mess you up if you cross me!




2. Living on the edge yep, that's pretty much exactly how I would describe being a SAHM.

Seriously, what WAS that noise?   Was it glass, crystal, your son's massive Lego collection?
And what IS that smell?   Is something burning, or dead?
And the gold standard:  is that chocolate.. or poop on your hand?

3. Thinking you can  do something to serve another,   makes me feel grateful to be a blessing to someone.


4. Lists are a necessary evil; cause I'm old now y'all.

Seriously, do you know how LONG it takes to get to 44 when someone chants that "are you 1, are you 2, are you 3, are you 4......" thing after singing Happy Birthday.

Apparently too long.... because they gave up at 12. 

Have a great weekend all!
To my fellow Canadians:   have fun and stay safe this weekend.... and keep some cold ones in the cooler for me.  :)