Good Morning Chatters!!!

source
 I would like to take a moment to just say Thank You to all for joining me each week for my Coffee Chat.    You don't know how much I enjoy reading your thoughts on subjects each week.

The life of a SAHM can teeter between the balance of noise, chaos and constant questioning of your parental abilities; to the long stretched out silences that can be isolating and even depressing.   Those moments can be opportunities for quiet reflection that lift you up; or they can become destructive patterns of self recrimination.    It's important not to let negative patterns take hold.

And that's where all of you come in!   Forcing me to exercise my brain each week, and taking moments to "check in" with myself.   You hold me accountable in a strange sort of way, and I think that is a good and healthy thing.


Time out for Mom



Finish the Sentence:  Right now is the perfect time to _____.


Well,  since I just finished a good workout.

I am going to watch the latest episode of The Following with Left Brain,   So I grabbed a small bowl of Sweet Chili Heat flavoured Doritos and a small glass of Dr. Pepper.
It is important to note that both featured the image of Captain America; and thus that is why it makes perfect sense.
Right.

So clearly, my state right now is one of being still.

I think being still every day is very important.   Obviously, I am not just talking about being a couch potato stuffed with potato chip eyes glued to the TV. 

I think it's important to give our busy bodies, busy mind... busy hearts, a rest every day.

You know, taking a moment to stop being a human DOING... and just be a human BEING.

And when I say Do Nothing.   I mean, literally nothing.
It's not prayer.  It's not planning.  It's not quiet moments of problem solving or making a mental grocery list.
Shut all those voices out.

Why?
Because you cannot find yourself, or God... or anything else in the midst of noise and restlessness.


Eckhart Tolle

And you do know it's important to your Peace of mind, to not lose yourself in this world.  Right?
When you are still, you can find that Peace.

Now that doesn't always mean you must be Silent also.   I often do have music playing in the background while practicing my Stillness.    And sometimes, I do have complete silence.  
However, of greater import is reaching that disciplined resistance of not moving around.  

The amazing thing is, I find that when I can achieve this inner Stillness -- this just being in the moment, whether in silence or not, what naturally seems to happen is:  I am able to LISTEN.


"Be still and know that I am God.”
Psalm 46:10

As a Christian, that's an important one to me.
However if not to you personally, I guarantee you will discover things about yourself when you are actually able to listen to YOU.   Because you are never more and closer to the real YOU; then when you are Still.

I don't know about the rest of you; but I am often very eager to let go of that modern state of The Glorification of Busy!

If busy is such a good thing --- why are we one of the most anxious and stressed out nations in the World?    How did we let all this white noise and media consumption start guiding our minds and behaviours? 

Have we lost ourselves in this world?   If so, how do you find ourselves again?

When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself. When you lose touch with yourself, you lose yourself in the world. Your innermost sense of self, of who you are, is inseparable from stillness...

Eckhart Tolle

So yes, even though it runs contrary to what the world tells me; I find the rewards of Being Still are far greater, than those promised by the world.    Is being frazzled and fatigued a reward actually?
Yeah, I didn't think so.

This world is too uncertain; too ever-changing.   I don't think I like it's loud demanding voice all that much.   I'd much rather Be Still and hear the voice of my soul.

If you would like to join me, I can suggest an easy start.    Go outside and discover something you find beautiful:  a newly opened Spring blossom, a setting sun, the rolling motion of ocean waves.  You know that feeling of awe that comes over you when you are confronted with something so beautiful?   You are speechless and totally aware of this rare thing.   You.Are.Still.

Congratulations!   You were still and meditated on something outside of yourself!! 
Hold on to that moment --  by seeking it often.

Have you had moments of stillness lately?


Next Week:  By now I will have seen Avengers Age of Ultron and be trying to refrain from gushing about all things Super Hero.    To distract my fangirling ways; tell me about something you think is Super!  

Share your Random! 

Stacy Uncorked


About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.