Our family is reeling from another health emergency.

This time it is my father, who recently had hip replacement surgery, who has suffered a stroke.
Thankfully he was with my mom at the time, and thus emergency services were promptly called and arrived.   He seemed to be okay at that point, but when they were conducting further tests in the emergency department, another bigger stroke occurred.

Thankfully because he was in the emergency, they were able to give him the required medicine quickly, and thus greatly reduced the effects of the stroke.  As of writing this, he is in the ICU and waiting for emergency bypass surgery for blocked artery in his neck.

If you are the praying sort, meditating sort, any type of sending positive vibes sort:  I welcome it all and greatly appreciated.

If you come here often, you know that my mother-in-law also recently suffered a stroke, much worse than my father has, and has been in recovery in the hospital for over 2 months now.  If you are wonder why my blogging time has been erratic and limited; now you know.

The waves are crashing and I feel like I am taking on more water, than air.

But, I just gotta breathe.


This is a stressful and fearful time.  Facing the possible future of life without a parent. 
We do not live close to either one of them in the midst of health crisis, and that is so sad and worrisome to me.   I can't get to them.    I can't get there quickly.

I have big heart hurt.

And because of that, I find I am not really concentrating very well in my blog home.   My thoughts are erratic and disjointed.    And I think I have been the same way in your blog homes too.   I fear my commenting of late probably leaves something to be desired.

This is the time in life when you need to do what really matters:  and that's just not blogging right now.    At least not until I know my dads' surgery is successful and he's on the road to recovery.

 All this coincides with our annual Spring Break here in Canada; thus the kids are all home from school next week and we had many activities planned.   I know some of that may be lost, as I will have to travel to my parents home to visit my dad in the hospital.    Some of it we may be able to salvage.

So it seems like a good time to take a Blog Break for at least the duration of our Spring Break.    Hopefully I will return with good news, and a far clearer mind.

 Just. Breathe.
 

 This of course also means that my weekly Coffee Chat for Tuesday, March 17th, 2015 will be postponed to the following Tuesday.  I will do a reminder post next week in my absence.  

I thank you all for your thoughts and understanding at this time.
And really hope to see you all soon.

I have many anchors in my life -- and when the storms of life come:  I am so eternally grateful for each one that I can cling to!!   

For now, I wanted to leave you with an edit I had already created to participate in Claudia's Art Saturday link up.    Funny how appropriate and timely it turned out to be:
(click to enlarge)




Link Up Your Art!