This is Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada.

As I have a big family dinner on Monday, I won't see y'all for my normal music post; but I will return for Tuesday Coffee Chat.  (Topic:  What's the most beautiful word?)

Naturally, once your belly is a full to bursting, you have lots of time to ponder such things as Life and Gratitude while you drag your turkey laden lazy butt to the nature trails.




Thus, that is where we found ourselves after church service and lunch on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon.    The kids running on ahead to explore, Left Brain holding middle ground.... and me often left behind looking through the camera lens; searching for beautiful colours of Fall.

You see, I was thinking about trees.

My Sunday School class is called Sprigs: “Seedlings Powerfully Rooted in God’s Love.”

Our emblem is the might Cedar Of Lebanon. 
"The righteous flourish like the palm tree and grow like the cedar in Lebanon" 
(Psalm 92:12)
 While I am now full grown, I was thinking about how I too ... am a tree.


Well, um, no.
But to that point....

 It's true I am a tree full grown.  I have weathered my storms and still stand firm; though, sometimes silent.    And it occurs to me sometimes that people may have the wrong impression of me.    That they may think I am the wrong kind of tree.

I know, I know; granted.
I love me a super gif of Captain America, Daryl Dixon and other heroes.
I have let the odd curse word fly here in my blog space.
I do not speak out against same sex marriage or abortion: because I fully support Human Rights.
Though they be not my own choices ---    Still, I am grateful to have the Free Will of Choice, thus, I will not take away yours.

I have written sexy poems.   I have posted sexy images.   I have talked about sex.
Again.. it's a human thing.

But there is something I need everyone to know....

Do not think that my roots are not set firm in the foundation of The Rock.
That they do not drink of Living Water.
That my leaves do not reach towards The Light, and touch the Golden One.


Though I may be silent on such matters at times, my very presence bears witness to the glory of The One who created me.   I am clothed in leaves that name the fruit of my humble spirit:  Gratitude, Thankfulness,  Grace, Kindness, Compassion, Joy, Hope.... and Love.

Though Seasons may seem to change me, and those leaves may wither and fall from time to time.
I AM ALWAYS RENEWED.
I may be blown, bent and battered.... but I am not Broken.

My roots dig deep.  My branches lift high.
I may falter, but I will always seek to become what I am meant to be.



I’ve got roots growing down to the water
I’ve got leaves growing up to the sunshine
And the fruit that I bear is a sign of life in me
I am shade from the hot summer sun-down
I am nest for the birds of the heaven
I’m becoming what the Lord of trees has meant me to be
A strong young tree. - See more at: http://www.abranchinthevine.com/i-saw-a-tree-by-the-riverside/#sthash.XoPfUdVR.dpuf

I’ve got roots growing down to the water
I’ve got leaves growing up to the sunshine
And the fruit that I bear is a sign of life in me
I am shade from the hot summer sun-down
I am nest for the birds of the heaven
I’m becoming what the Lord of trees has meant me to be
A strong young tree. - See more at: http://www.abranchinthevine.com/i-saw-a-tree-by-the-riverside/#sthash.XoPfUdVR.dpuf

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian readers!

About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.