Do you ever sit and wonder how any beauty in this world can survive - flourish even; when there is so much ugliness? 
 

 It's been a sad week for us, as we remember and wonder why an Ottawa Police Officer decided to take his own life -- right in his office at the station with his own gun.   While on the phone with his wife.    Who was home with their 3 children.

Just. Why?

Then last night, on our very own street, a man and his wife got into a very loud domestic dispute.   When she left the house to take a walk, the man followed her out of the house, got into his truck... and ran her down in the street.

No.Shit.
Our. Safe. Street



Today, I am having trouble finding the beauty that is all around us.

Feeling Beachie

The statements:


1.  During  rain storms, I like to sit by a window and watch the rain come down. 
Okay, I am lying in bed and the windows are open and it's beating a staccato on the roof.
Whatever... I love the rainy nights.


2.  While I like pizza, I wouldn’t want to eat it... like EVERY SINGLE FRIDAY NIGHT.  

I mean can you imagine?
Every.Single.Friday.Night

also, Pokemon shows.
Kids just don't know how to TGIF.


3.  Reading while soaking in the tub, is a risky endeavour.   I either stay too long and end up looking like a prune in a now cold bath; because... STORY!!!

or I drop the book.  Which could be this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYVwKjPMxvzr3dw2yNy_OuDGg4ItXJNw4ChRu2QPA7RWRm4uuQ

But even more dangerous, because of where some of my books are,  would be this:

 http://allgsmtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/water-damaged-smartphone.jpeg

Did you just shudder?
Cause I am all a-shudder.

4.  Why would anyone want to take away anothers' Human Rights?   

 The cruelty of some people on a fellow human being, I just don't understand.
If I catch you playing the "knockout game"... well, you just DO NOT want me to catch you doing such disgusting cruelty.


As for finding beauty, there is one amazing thing that I have learned this week.
Having a soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur .... to curl up beside you on a sad day?

Well, that's just a bundle of LOVE in a furry package right there.

Right Lucy?
Wait?!  Who is the one trapped here? 

Plzzz... I's have pizza too?

Purr. Purr. Purr.



About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.