The post titles just write themselves some days.

I actually had looked up many train songs when I was writing my post series Thoughts on a Train


photo credit: Ian Sane via photopin cc

For me, there is no doubt that there is a certain undeniable romance inherent in trains and train stations.   Think about it:   it's a place where countless greetings, farewells... and perhaps even some timely missed chances, have played out over many years.    Imagine the stories a train, or the rails they travel upon could tell us.

The gorgeous landscape one is likely to travel; rushing by in a blur outside the window.  While inside the train, time seems to have stood still.   The click clack upon steel the background beat to the stories playing out around you.

I would definitely jump at the chance for a romantic cross country train trip!
Who else would jump All Aboard?

I’m (XmasDolly) the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-Conductors are my buds Callie of JAmerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorkedholy cow 092Cathy of  Curious as a Cathy, and our Becca of Everyday Life co-conductor’s on our MUSIC LOVE TRAIN!  APPLAUSE!  NOW LET’S ROCK THIS PLACE & get this TRAIN rollin’!
This week's theme is "Songs about trains or with the word train in it"!   This was given to us by our Spotlight Dancer  Danielle of Royalegacy!

Photobucket

I have decided that I had better comply with the Canadian Content rules established by the CRTC, and ensure I always include some home grown talent in my music posts.

And that definitely calls for some Gordon Lightfoot.     And the most romantic idea of those steel rails carrying you home to the one you love.



Where else would you have a high stakes poker game?
Where else can you learn about cards.... and life?



I apologize.   but it must be done.
This was the soundtrack of my life for the first 4 years of my son's life.
Every.Damn.Day.




If you could catch any train; where would you go?

I am hopping on a car headed Due North myself.

 http://alaskarailroad.com/Portals/4/Images/Just%20the%20Basics.jpg

However, since that is not likely in the budget for quite some time, I will have to settle for some old fashioned romantic comedy in this movie that will come out soon:
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/before-we-go-chris-evans-alice-eve-600x414.jpg
Yes, that is Captain America/Chris Evans - his first movie as a Director!
Before We Go 
Set in Manhattan, the story follows two strangers after their serendipitous meeting in Grand Central. Over the course of one night, they form an unlikely bond and the conflicts in their own lives become the basis for exploration into each other and themselves. Starring Chris Evans and Alice Eve.

About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.