This month I got another chance to Shoot The Moon.

 Previous attempts were not too bad:
(click any image to enlarge)


 But I didn't  have a tripod then, and I was anxious to see the difference having a tripod would make.  It's pretty much essential for night shots.

An early evening test shot. 


 And then I set up (in the middle of my street) for hopefully a clear shot.


and even an extreme close up




Is it just me, or does it look like I just took a picture of a giant melon to fool you?

I may not know the astro term for those impact dust trails, but I assure you:  I shot the Moon. 

Curious as a Cathy

ImagesByCW Photography


About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.