I hope that I have been showing some fairly decent photography on this little space.
I truly do appreciate all your kind comments and feedback.

Photography is so very, very new... and completely unexpected for me.   It's not a hobby I thought I would ever enjoy.  Or even a talent I thought I might possess.

And trust me:  for every great photo you think is presented here --- there are a hundred that are a huge FAIL.

Such as this photo:
accidentally shot in monochrome setting, and blurred -- when the prompt this week is "texture"
It's not a really bad shot I suppose; but, it sure doesn't illustrate the prompt.



More than half the time, I still forget to grab my camera when we are on our way out the door.    I know full well some of the potentially fantastic shots I have missed.   Memories not captured.   I have my iPhone of course, but the camera still is not the most fantastic.  Most of those photos remain private.

But I am beginning to see now: Practice, Practice, Practice - is absolutely necessary.    And the beauty of today's DSLRs?

If you FAIL - you can just delete it right from the camera roll.  No fuss.   No wasted film.

So?  DO!
There is no try!



Through The Lens Thursday is a self-improvement photography project that Alison of Writing, Wishing and I (Greta of GFunkified) are doing this year.


Natural/Wood
Feathers

I really love this one because SO MANY TEXTURES!

Chiminea


I love prompts like this because they really make you stop and take a good long look at your surroundings.
You have to get out and spy things with your little camera eye.

Except in my case, I had to look around the house because people tend to frown at you when you go out and leave your children home alone.

Don’t forget to join our Flickr group or share your own posts if you’d like to follow along and work on your own photography! And use the hashtag #throughthelensthursday to connect with others working on it, too.

Next week’s prompt is GOLDEN.


About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.