11 years.

That's how much time has gone by since I sipped pina colada's with my sweetheart and snuggled on this double lounge in Mexico.


 This was our honeymoon spot in the Mayan Riviera, at a Palace Resort.

It.Was.Glorious.

Poolside View

Within 2 months, I was pregnant with our first child.
Our first wedding anniversary, I was heavily almost 9 months pregnant.
No.Pina.Coladas.

And we have not been back to a tropical resort since.
Or on any vacation without the children.

11 years.

"time's a thief and stole the show"

(from Years Gone By - The Milk Carton Kids)


After all this time, I consider it a good sign that I still want to escape to that hammock; enfolded in the strong arms of my sweetheart, and watch that Golden One slip away while we linger.



Gathering Graces


About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.