After a spending a weekend kickin up our heels country style, it's so perfect that today's Monday's Music theme is Southern Rock.

You can read about how we party down on the farm in yesterday's post.



http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f-I5ojV440g/UJcMF_vUg8I/AAAAAAAAJj0/lxbixMxCy6s/s1600/th_retromusic1-1.gif
I’m (XmasDolly) the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-Conductors are my buds Callie of JAmerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorkedholy cow 092Cathy of  Curious as a Cathy, Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know!   NOW LET’S ROCK THIS PLACE & get this TRAIN rollin’!




First  up, I am twisting the theme Canuck style with The Band.
Because while a Southern Man may not need Neil Young around; I definitely love some in my country playlist.

You might say I'm helpless to resist.




Seems appropriate:
(special note though - the water on a farm doesn't taste like wine.  You have to bring your own.)




Finally, not one artist you generally think of as "country", but he did a bit of a turnabout a couple of years ago, and I have to say, this is now one of my favourite summer songs.

And really, any song that samples "Sweet Home Alabama" IS country as you get. 




Naturally being a country girl, I can't leave out some southern whiskey throated gal off the list. 
The reason why I could never quite get into Amy Winehouse..... because Ruby Starr was THE original.

And yes, whiskey burns.   At least the kind made on the farm.
I probably should have not said anything about that.....




Y'all have a good day now, ya hear. 

About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.