Of all the places to be a late arrival -- the beach is my least favourite.

our local beach.   Yes - there is sand in Canada.   For 4 months.

Especially since I just bought a new bathing suit.
And I may also have some pina colada mixture in the freezer.


Calm down.... there will be no swim suit selfies here.
At least not of me.

I'm late to the Fill In for a variety of reasons.
First of all, as shown above:  Sunshine.
Which is a pretty good reason all on its own.

Secondly, the fangirl in me took over last night and instead of completing my statements, I watched a movie that I have been waiting to see.

Snowpiercer (2013)

 In a future where a failed global-warming experiment kills off all life on the planet except for a lucky few that boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system evolves.

mmmm bearded Evans
 If you think that gentleman above looks a bit familiar, it's because you normally see me posting images of him more like this:


Because of course:  Chris Evans IS Captain America.
Or so I thought exclusively until I watched Snowpiercer

But you must understand, this fangirl does have some standards.
Contrary to popular opinion, it is not just about the beefcake:   Thou Must Be Able To ACT!!
No amount of pretty and muscle will save you if you fail to deliver the performance.
You will not gain entrance into my FanGirl Gif Set if you are more famous for being a douchenozzle.

Basically, I am saying  Watch this movie if you get a chance.    Give it a chance.  
It's a very different kind of movie (from a foreign Director named Bong Joon-ho); even though there is action -- it is dark, gritty and will play with your emotions.   It is disturbing in parts -- but the message is important.
Evans performance is understated and quiet; and it would be easy to dismiss or overlook it: but that's a mistake if you do.    His character - the entire movie in fact - just got under my skin and settled there and I haven't stopped thinking about it.
Which is exactly what good performances and Art should do.

There are also some incredible performances from supporting cast of Tilda Swinton and John Hurt. 

So, not just popcorn fangirl movie fun.
Rory has depth y'all.




Now to the beach!
This week’s co-host is Elizabeth from Silver’s Reviews. She came up with the last two statements .

Feeling Beachie


The statements:


1.  I am trying hard to learn how to use the manual settings on my DSLR Canon Rebel.   I do believe you can teach an old dog new tricks: it just takes a little longer to ....

oh.... look!
 
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/Distracted_Bunny.jpg

2.  Gardening makes me think that I am helping to keep this planet beautiful, and lush and productive.  
It's also helps with that camera skill thing by providing great photo ops.





3.  When you try too hard, to make something happen; often you end up sabotaging your own efforts.   I do believe in perseverance, but sometimes it's good to take a step back and just "sssshhhhh."  Wait.


4. Can you really win this damn game?

2048:  Steve Rogers edition

You know, I don't think it's so much that I am easily distracted...

... as it is that I just want to Learn, See, Do All The Things.

To Live is a Grand Adventure. 

About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.