Desperately Trying to Get Back to Normal blogging schedule.
I have managed to clear out nearly 100 blog posts from my reader feed!!
But I am sorry if I happened to miss yours -- it just hasn't been possible to get to all of them.

If I haven't dropped by in awhile - jog my memory with a comment and a link.   Then have the kettle on because I will be coming by!

 Through The Lens Thursday is a self-improvement photography project that Alison of Writing, Wishing and Greta from GFunkified are doing this year. 

Through The Lens Thursday is meant for self-improvement, so please….constructive criticism is welcome!


This weeks' prompt is Empty.

As we have been under storm clouds and high humidity the past couple of days, I did not get to venture out with my camera.   Because......eewww -- with the sticky and all.

Fortunately, as I was glancing around my house I saw quite a few empty things.

My fridge comes to mind first, since grocery day is tomorrow.   But that's just sad and who wants to see a sad photo on Thursday.

As the kids were at school, their beds were also empty.   But to show you that, I'd have to show you their rooms.
Or what I call "the dumping ground".
Trust, no one wants to see that.

Finally, as I had company this past weekend for Mother's Day and my birthday, well..... let's just say I have a few empty bottles lying around waiting for recycling day.
However, I fear that might leave with you with the wrong impression of me.
(Not really.)

As I was trying to figure out what I could shoot, stuck inside as I was --- and getting down to the wire as late as Wednesday evening -- the phone rang.    It was my mom to tell me to go outside and look at the moon.   With my camera.
As I always listen to  my mother (not really), I dashed outside to find a glowing orange moon with a ring around it coming right up over my fence!   Wow.    Incredible.

However, that would be a FULL moon.    Hence, not Empty
So, you will have to wait for another post to see that pic.

The short of it?
I happened to glance down and notice that a piece of my lawn furniture was cast in shadows.


Also, empty.

Now, technically, this is not a very good picture.
It's night, there's a storm coming in -- I can now hear the thunder, and flashes of lightning are coming more frequently.  (no such luck getting that shot.)
I also don't have my tripod -- which is essential for shooting in low light - thus I know the image is going to be grainy/blurry.
However, I want to create a somewhat "I just woke up and stumbled into the dark" kind of feeling; thus, I am hoping I can work with it.

Not entirely happy.
Still, better than messy rooms and various liquor bottles.

Some days, you're just running on empty.   Know what I mean?
Now, if I had a non-empty bottle of something, I believe I could fill that chair quite nicely.

Don’t forget to join our Flickr group or share your own posts if you’d like to follow along and work on your own photography! And use the hashtag #throughthelensthursday to connect with others working on it, too.
Next week’s prompt is STREET.

About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.