It's a holiday Monday here in Canada.

Because it's the Queen's Birthday.
No. Not this one.
Another One.

http://www.slapupsidethehead.com/wp-content/media/2006/05/victoria_day.jpg


How about while I am doing some gardening and grilling, I put on some great music, while you think that over.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f-I5ojV440g/UJcMF_vUg8I/AAAAAAAAJj0/lxbixMxCy6s/s1600/th_retromusic1-1.gif 
I’m (XmasDolly) the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-Conductors are my buds Callie of JAmerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorkedholy cow 092Cathy of  Curious as a Cathy, Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know!   NOW LET’S ROCK THIS PLACE & get this TRAIN rollin’!

This week's theme is  Women in Music "60's thru 80's"!



This is a great theme!    I don't think we've ever given the ladies the floor exclusively before.
There are so many great songs I could feature; certainly enough to fill a holiday playlist worthy of any backyard BBQ party and evening firework display.
 

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4b311d7514fb773eccab54e5d0b60c2d/tumblr_mqlhhaqJ7I1r6z9gko1_500.gif

But I will try to contain myself to a few that I enjoy singing out loud (hair brush optional).

First up, from one of my all time favourite movies, all time favourite actress, and certainly songs:

Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) with MoonRiver



Since it is a Canadian holiday, I suppose I should include a Canadian female singer.
And you don't get any more legendary than this one:   Joni Mitchell with A Case of You (1971).

The most brilliant lyrics ever are in this song.
(you might recognize it from the movie Practical Magic -- when the Nicole Kidman character is driving the car at night and singing.    Yeah, pretty much me, right there.)





Okay, so I've set a fellow mellow mood for this party.
I guess I am in bonfire and guitar mode a little early.

I'll kick it up just a bit with one that I can never resist singing and instantly become a Dancing Queen when I hear it.

Even after all these years, I'm still mad about it.

Go Go Belinda!




But no post about women rocking it out can be complete with the Queen of Rock herself...

....Joan Jett.

She knows what we love. 




Rock on Gals.
I'll be chillin and grillin.  


About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.