Happy Friday!

What's the reason for my good mood, you ask?
We achieved something today that is cause for great celebration in Canada!

When we woke up this morning the sun was shining and the thermometer was ABOVE zero.
And stayed there!

As I drove by my church, I saw that the sky was also celebrating in a glorious way.
(click to enlarge)


Don't worry, I pulled the car over to enjoy the view and snapped a few pics with my iPhone.
(while kicking myself that I never seem to have my Canon Rebel for these moments.)


 I may have lingered a long, long time....



Speaking of my big girl camera, I am disappointed that I did not get a chance to participate in the weekly photo challenge Through the Lens Thursday this week.

The prompt was Self; and I could not manage to capture a descent selfie with my Canon.    I have a tripod, but I didn't really know how to set it all up and hubby wasn't home to show me.

I did try a few with my iPhone - but I wasn't sure if that was cheating.  I think we are supposed to use our big girl cameras, but I am not sure.    Camera phones can take some pretty amazing pictures these days.   Hence the popularity of the "selfie" I guess.

That is, if you can find a few spare ALONE moments to take a Selfie. 


Remind me to redefine "selfie" to the minions.

Feeling Beachie

This week’s co-host is Carol from Battered Hope! 
And Hilary REALLY NEEDS STATEMENTS!

The Statements:

1.   Having a cup of coffee helps me to wake up and focus and like people in the morning.  

And in the mid-morning.
Also, early afternoon.
And..... I switch to tea for early evening.   because, self control you know.

2.  I love to be in the great outdoors!

I cannot believe I just booked our summer camping trip..... and there is still snow on the ground.

3.  The first thing I do in the AM is refer to #1. 

No wait, my bad.   I pee first.   Then I make the coffee.
Then I search and find the kids.   Then I get them their warm milk (don't ask) and breakfast and make their lunches and get them dressed and packed and onto the bus.

And then remember - I made coffee!!
See....focus requirement.

4.  Tomorrow morning I am going to sleep in and wait for coffee to be brought to me.
 (assuming you are actually reading this on Saturday.)


But not you Left Brain!   You read now!

See.... with the liking people thing.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.customizedgirl.com/images/design/33bbef2158f1b598eb82439239b326eb_2161750_0_big.jpg
Get yours!


Happy Spring!

*Also linked up with Skywatch Friday.  See the skies HERE.  *

About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.