It's Friday!!

Guys... I did such a major spring clean and purge of my house yesterday, I swear it took a deep breath.
That may have been the breeze blowing in the open windows.

Yes, I said OPEN windows.   And I didn't even have to put a sweater on.
14 degrees Celsius baby!!   (that's 57 F in American)

I do believe Spring is actually here, and I even have a lawn again.
It's dead ugly grass and mud, but what it is NOT -- namely Snow - is the important part.

So I worked away, and didn't even turn the music on.
I had bird song y'all.


I may have been enjoying what I thought was joyful song from the birds, but when my girls arrived home they took one look at the empty bird feeder and decided the birds were actually singing for their supper.

Good point.   Thankfully, I have a craft for that.
All you need is some peanut butter and/or coconut oil, some bird seed and empty toilet paper roll.

Cover the toilet paper roll with the peanut butter or oil, than roll in the seeds.   Hang by string or soft wire from a tree....and have your camera ready!
We also strung Cheerios on a pipe cleaner and made a wreath for the birds to feed on.

the birds really loved the cheerios one

Feeling Beachie

Okay, you know the deal – Each week, I (Hilary) list four statements with a blank for you to fill in on your own blogs.
If I use them, I will add you as co-host to the hop! This week’s co-host is Leslie from Time Out For Mom!    *HOLLA!!!*
Hilary can always use new statements - and you will get to co host.
The statements are:

1.   Listening to music is my way to get housework done.   Or cook dinner.  Or wash the dishes.   Or relieve stress.   Or when I walk.   Basically, I love music.


2.   My favourite scented candle in my house is Jasmine tealights and votives.

And my house smells great because we have had 3 power outages in the past 2 days.
The last one right when Angel Girl was in the bath.
That was Not Awesome.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7ObAflP5YGa-O45ThzHkJph4uT344D8UyHrxidmPllyeNq0bp
scared of the dark Minion - found here

3.  I am nothing like the girl I thought I wanted to be.    And that's a good thing.

4.  One thing I wish I could do better is organize my house.    The unspoken part of that is "on a budget."   I mean, if I had oodles of money, I could just buy the stuff I needed to be more organized, but since I, as of writing this, have still not won the lottery and no one seems to want to pay me to wipe butts and noses:  I have to find ways to make it all fit.

For example, telling hubby that he needs to stop by the church because they have a desk they want to get rid of and... FREE.    Of course Left Brain, being Left Brain'd, asks "what if it doesn't fit?
Me:  It will fit.  You will make it fit.

It fits.
I was so happy with how well it worked, it inspired me to rearrange my kitchen and then our back storage room.

Perhaps I should have answered I wish I could nap better.

P.S.   Today is a very special day for a special girl who is turning 7!!

Happy Birthday Angel Girl!!
You are sweetness and light and I love you to the moon...... even if one more rendition of Let it Go might tempt me to send you there. 




About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.


Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...