Through The Lens Thursday is a self-improvement photography project that Alison of Writing, Wishing and Greta of gfunkified  are doing this year. 



With the busy week I have had, I did not get a chance to get my camera out and take any new pictures.

*A brief aside:  my mom is out of hospital and back home doing much better!    And I am back in my own home getting caught up on roughly 500 emails and 216 blogs to read all the hugs and kisses a mom could ever want.  (Seriously kiddos - it was only 3 days, off mama!)    Thank you to all of you sent kind messages and prayers our way!!    A health issue was discovered, but it is something that can be managed with medication and mom should be feeling good as new hopefully in a few weeks, or months at the longest.  Thank you so much for your support!*

The prompt for this week:  Hot!

I got this shot of my banister lights at Christmas time with a candle in the foreground.
The candle is hot.....but since these lights are like from the very first Christmas....EVER (i.e. Not LED), they get quite hot after a few hours.    But they work still, and I hate to just throw stuff in the dump, so I only keep them on a for a few hours at a time.
(click on image to enlarge)

Canon Rebel T3:  1/4, f/4.5, 33mm, ISO 800

Everyone else seems to be thinking of Spring, but over here in my still minus 16 Celsius land; we are a long way from Hot just yet.

Thankfully, I got this to keep me warm.
I love that I did not have to edit, or apply a filter to this shot.    These are the bright colours of the flames as captured. 


Canon Rebel T3: 1/8, f/5.6, 55mm, ISO 3200

Since I had literally received my big girl camera days before these shots were taken, it is interesting to look back and see how far I have come already.   I am looking at these pictures - and while I like them - already considering how I could have made each shot better.

Comments/critique welcomed!

Also, it's nice to be back to my bloggy home too! 
I just can't quit you guys.  ;)

About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.