I just wanted to pop in quickly today to bring your attention to a very worthy cause, and an amazing opportunity to Smash Your Fears!!

 

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the story of Heather Von St. James:  you learn more about her by clicking HERE.

Here is a brief excerpt from an email exchanged between Heather and I:
 
The thought of motherhood is what got me through my rare cancer diagnosis just 3 1/2 months after my first and only child, Lily, was born. It was projected that I had only 15 months left to live unless I underwent a risky surgery, which required the removal of my left lung. Miraculously, I beat the odds and created LungLeavin’ Day as a way to commemorate this day that changed my life forever.
LungLeavin’ Day is held every year on February 2 and it is used to encourage others to face their fears! One important thing cancer taught me is the importance of acknowledging these apprehensions that prevent us from living life to the fullest extent. Each year, friends and family gather at my house for a bonfire where we write our fears on plates and smash them into the fire.
This year, we are asking bloggers to face your fears and raise awareness of this event by virtually participating in LungLeavin’ Day! I have created an interactive page that tells the full story of this special day, which can be found here: www.mesothelioma.com/heather/lungleavinday

This Is An Awesome Idea!!!
I love this - so much.  

We all have fears.  We all worry about the future. 
And yet, we all still tend to hurry through life, intent on crossing those items off our ever growing To Do Lists.   Without really experiencing those moments.
And perhaps doing to much other stuff, than taking time to fulfill those dreams we REALLY want.

That was my plate.
Fearing that I will never make my dreams come true.  Whatever they be.

I smashed that plate!!

 If you got a fear you want to smash and burn:  Go Smash it Now!!

You'll be inspired by Heather's amazing story.  
Spread the word and help put Fear in it's place! 


About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.