woods near my home at night

It's Thursday night as I write this, and the snow is steadily falling on the already blanketed lawns.
It lays a crisp, clean shroud that glitters in the glow of the street light.
The gently falling flakes transform to fairy dust, as they softly flutter down to their chilly rest.

A typical winter tableau. 
A sight I've seen a thousands times in my great white north home.
A landscape frozen in it's beauty.   The hushed stillness of a snowy winters' eve.
I send up my winter wish in visible vapours that float into the dark night.....

....Please don't cancel the buses.  Please don't cancel the buses.  Let there be School!




Feeling Beachie

Okay, you know the deal – Each week, I (Hilary) list four statements with a blank for you to fill in on your own blogs.   This week’s co-host is Leslie from Time out with Mom *holla!* she who came up with the last statement

The statements are:

1.  I like watching the snow fall, but not having to pick it up off my driveway. 

2.   Night time is my favourite time to write and read.   The house is quiet and it's easier to tap into my creativity.

Yes, I am aware that sleep was the correct answer.

3.   When it snows I am torn between between going out to play as I did as child, or curling up with a good book and hot cup of coffee in front of my fireplace.

I think you can probably guess which one of those wins most often.

4.  Once upon a time I lived for a Snow Day from school, but now, I just hope I live through the Snow Day from school. 
    I'll be checking my county's School Bus Status page every hour on the hour tonight.
    Which, if the buses are cancelled and 3 children are home with me tomorrow should turn out to be a very wise decision.

    Wish me luck.
    Or send wine.
    Both would be swell.

    Have a great weekend everyone!
    If your neck of the woods is snow covered, stay safe!


    About The Author
    Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
    She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
    Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.


    Powered by Linky Tools
    Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...