Now that I have added blossoming shutterbug to my ever growing list of Do All The Things!!

I am searching for new ways to explore and expand my burgeoning skills.
One such way is via Alison and Greta's Photography project Through the Lens Thursday

I have admired their brilliant wordsmithing over the years, and I am thrilled to see that they have created this self-improvement photography journey for us to share.



This weeks' prompt is REFLECTION

 I thought it would be interesting to look back over several photographs to track my development and the use of different mediums.

First my crappy old iPhone 3 phone that did not even have a flash, managed to capture this sunset reflection in my car's window:

Sky on Fire!

Walking into my bedroom the other night, I just happened to be returning my Canon Rebel camera to the bedside, when I noticed the moon shining upon the tree outside our window.....and creating a creepy branch/hand image through the condensation:

creepy branch wants you!
 f/5.6
0.8 sec
ISO 800/55 m


But my favourite is from a winter walk I took with my mother a few weeks ago, and she - a long time photography lover - showed me how to capture the reflection of the forest we were walking in --- in a snowy puddle:


f/5.6
1/80 sec
ISO-125/55 mm

Cell phone, happy accident, or with a little skilled advice:  all inspiring in their own way.

This is intended to improve our photography skills - so please feel free to share your thoughts!
If you join us/share, use the hashtag #throughthelensthursday to connect with others.

Next weeks' prompt is Flower.

About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.