If you have been following along with my posts over the holidays, it is abundantly clear that Family is a big part of our Christmas Cheer.

We hosted my parents before Christmas, my mother in law during Christmas, and on Christmas Day my maternal side all gathers for an afternoon feast at my aunt and uncles' farm.

I cannot imagine the holiday without any of these amazing people in my life.
It just wouldn't seem the same.
And I realize I am incredibly blessed.   And Thankful.

But not all can make it home for Christmas.
And since Left Brain is a part of those "essential services" that cannot close up shop on Christmas Eve, we did in fact celebrate without him.    However, we are lucky that he still can make it home for Christmas morning, and witness the unwrapping frenzy; even if he can barely stay awake.

We have celebrated much without Left Brain due to his job:  holidays, birthdays, anniversaries...... Friday nights after the kids have gone to bed.    It leaves a hole for sure.   A hole that no matter how hard I try, or how good a mom I may be; simply cannot quite be filled the same way His Presence can.


http://www.highonlife1.com/canada-troops-wel.jpghttp://www.allsaintspittsburgh.org/images/troops_christmas.jpg




 You will notice I have included both Canadian and American symbols.
Because allies are a pretty good gift too.

I was contacted to promote a service that might make it easier for you to connect with those loved ones far away during the Holidays.    I realize that there are many options such as FaceTime, Skype, etc. to keep in contact, but I loved that this company specifically mentions soldiers.

https://d2j1x2hflioiqf.cloudfront.net/images/base2/how_diagram.gif
Meet DropCam
Dropcam is a cloud-based Wi-Fi video monitoring service with free live streaming, two-way talk and remote viewing that makes it easy to stay connected with places, people and pets, no matter where you are.

Obviously this product also has a Security Minded feature that is built within, so if you were also looking for a measure of home security to determine exactly who made off with your brand new big screen tv while you were out looking at Christmas lights who took the cookie from the cookie jar, this would be a great service I imagine.

But I am not here today to do a review specifically -- since I do not use the service; nor have I been compensated in any way from the Company.

I simply love that they have reminded us Not to forget those who have fought to ensure we have the Peace that allows us to enjoy this most wondrous time of year.

I love that they have shared some joy on their site.
You know me:  Sharing's My Favourite:




Yeah, I choose the Boy and His Dog video.
Fur kids count too you know.

If you want to see more holiday joyous reunions - you know, with people: GO HERE

And please take time to remember those who cannot be home for Christmas.
If you are the praying sort: that's a pretty great gift to give.
I would encourage you to please Support our Troops in some way this Season.