So it turns out my Friday Date Night did not happen.

My sitter had to cancel.
 (and before you feel too bad for me, Believe Me: she had a far worse day.)

However, Left Brain still had to attend, as it was work related and he really wanted to be there.

Thus, home alone on a Friday night; I weighed my options: face down in some vanilla ice cream and Arrested Development reruns?

Or,

Edit some of the numerous photos I took on a recent winter walk with my mom?

The winner?
Well, as it turns out:   I can do 3 things at once.

I was really fascinated by the sunlight filtering through the trees, and wanted to try and capture it.


and how small one feels standing under a towering birch tree


and how much a spot of colour stands out in a field of white


and especially what you spy when you look up

I spy something with my little eye....that goes Tweet

and zoom in close


The walk was so enjoyable.
Time with mom.   Fresh air.  Beautiful sights (even if it was a bitter minus 10 degrees out), and some helpful tips from my mom regarding photography.

I still need to figure out how to not have the background quite so blurry when I do a close up, but I am having fun learning.

Are you learning anything new this year,  or just taking a moment to stop and look?

About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.