Dear Congregation,

It's lovely to see you all again this Sunday!
I do so enjoy spending time, singing songs, and sharing Faith with you each week.

Sometimes I even get to sit with my husband.   Those are special Sundays.
Mostly, I sit alone during the service. 
Or, at least I suspect you might wish that I TRULY sat alone.

Alas, I do not.   A litter travels with me each Sunday.
I'm sorry.

I can't say....... I'm.....just.....so sorry.

Google image - my edit.
It's true and I've said before, often I wonder why I bother.
But Jesus himself said:

...Suffer little children, and forbid them not, 
to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 19:14

I know they can be impatient, bored and shout things like "mom my underwear is bugging me.  I think I got a wedgie"  at the most inopportune of moments.    

Again, I am very, very, very sorry for the conversations that surely followed the innocent question asked upon my youngest viewing Jesus on the cross:   "is that cloth covering Jesus's penis?"   
I feel I still must argue; a 3 year old probably doesn't clearly understand the concept of sacrilegious though.  We like to simply stress:  Privates are private - always!
Also, she's not wrong you know.

Yes, they've stolen crackers from the communion tray, and mushed goldfish crackers into the seats.   I hope you all have forgiven us for the terrible, rank diaper explosion of 2009.  

Yet, we must remember that their spiritual instruction is important.  
We are commanded by God to raise our children to know Him.

Thus, we must cling to the words of Jesus and not forget the importance of our Saviour's instruction.

We cannot overlook the plain truth of His words:   He did say "Suffer".

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2d7EGeByVWmOFxSxp42r9KTBDRErs_a6uLfDnukaRFQjLkezK
 
In all honesty:  It IS important, and this letter from "that mom" demonstrates why.
If you are a tired, struggling, arms full with your own litter mom who is wondering:  What is the Point?   It is well worth the read -- find it here.


About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.