A few weeks ago I alluded this little blog was not just going to be changing in appearance, but that the content might change as well.
Not anything drastic.

I still love my music meme, my Coffee Chat and escaping to the beach with Hilary every Friday.
But aside from fun memes - I wanted to bring in a little more of me.

I have pages of writing in journals -- that I have never shared here.   It is rambling. Raw.
Diamonds in the rough I'd like to think.   But I have been working on it - not too much; I still want that visceral impact for the reader.

Before I can branch out and start sharing that content, I decided to take a brave step in an even more public way.   Go big or go home, right?

Thus, I have submitted several blog posts and one photo to BlogHer Voices of the Year 2014

I've never done anything like this!   It feels like a necessary leap in order to take my writing to the next step.   I feel like I've been plodding along much like a herd of turtles.  Perhaps a little stuck in the sand.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/incoming/2013/02/20/africa_04_01_primary_25mb.jpg/ALTERNATES/crop_630x400/Africa_04_01_PRIMARY_25MB.jpg
Image by Katharine Brown/Total Exposure
 But this gal is breaking the shell and charging for the wide open adventure of the Sea!

 If you want to help me out by voting, you can do so at the following links:

Lost Things
Le Teaching Moments
Pondering: It's Hard Out Here For a Mama
Instagram Photo:  Painted Leaf

Thanks so much!

Feeling Beachie

This week’s co-host is ELOQUENT RAMBLES, she  came up with the last three statements.

The Statements:

1) Have you broken any or your New Year Resolutions yet?

I didn't really set any.   Good thing to based on the rate at which I am dipping these Lays potato chips into this Helluva Good french onion dip!
Thanks Julie :)

2)   Vinegar is my favorite cleaning product.    Seriously.  For. Everything.   Mirrors.  The Keurig.  The floors.   I put that shit on everything.   Even shit.    More on that discovery in a future post.  I'm still slightly traumatized.

3) I like nice hot showers,  but prefer a good long soak in a tub.

4)Social media is a fantastic way to stay connected with others; but so is going outside every now and then. 


You never know what you might discover when you crack that shell open and venture forth!



Here's looking at you kid.


About The Author
Leslie Botchar, aka "RoryBore", is a SAHM enjoying life one day - and one cup of coffee - at at time.
She has had several articles published in The Huffington Post, and hopes to one day marry her skills as Word Wrangler and Photo Ninja. Leslie spills it all on her blog Time Out For Mom, and invites you to join her for some Mom "Me" Time.
Connect with her: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.