Once my Christmas trees goes up, I just in the room and smile.
It brings such happy feelings looking at all the pretty ornaments, the twinkling lights, the tinsel placed Just So.

And then I had kids.

Now my tree doesn't quite look they way I had always dreamed and imagined in my head.
My lovely breakables are stored away.

Sometimes, you just gotta let things go.   For a season.   Or several.

And if you can't beat 'em - join 'em.

(click to enlarge)
A sampling of the kids Disney Ornaments on the left:  my "safe" treasures on the right.

Yes.   You see Bambi, Thumper, Pluto, Snow White on a Swing and Goofy all mixed up with my fine Snow Baby, Snow man and Penguin sled.

But looking at the finished tree:  somehow how it all comes together.

A little bit of me, and a little bit of you:  that's the recipe for making Christmas Trees.

And then , we dance to "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree"

Mom!  there's something missing from the tree!!
 And daddy, aka Left Brain, gives a boost to Angel Girl in putting the star in it's festive home.
Perfect.

You will note however:   No tinsel.
I'm not completely crazy.