Well, I think....finally....just maybe... almost sure....
 ....that I am done Christmas shopping.

I put the minions on the bus, gobbled down some Shreddies, and tea with honey and lemon because I can't drink coffee when I have a cold and even though I have the shakes from withdrawal and it's probably not safe for me to be around people tea makes me think of my grandma and I feel better....

*deep breath.......followed by deep hacking because I can't actually take a breath*

...and then headed out to complete my shopping list.

I think I hit roughly .....well, All The Stores.
I wore my comfy boots.  and pants.   also, hoodie.
At the midpoint I searched my purse to find a stale granola bar left over from my breastfeeding days.
I found a frozen water bottle in the van, and held it between my thighs to thaw the water while driving to my next store.
http://eventityinc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/10815350-christmas-shopping-woman-holding-many-christmas-gifts-in-her-arms-wearing-santa-hat-and-winter-cloth.jpeg
This is not me.  This woman is smiling.  And dressed.
 It wasn't pretty.

But I finished.
And made it home in time for supper.
And by that I mean, Left Brain had cooked supper and left it for me on the counter.

Honestly though, Santa Baby:   how do you do it all in one night?
All over the world?

Oh yes, I see.
The milk and cookies.
Why didn't I think of that?



Tuesday, December 17th/13

If you were Santa, want food/drink would you want left for you?




Hmmm.  This could be a tough one.   I can think of many things I would like to eat....but would they be sufficient enough to get me through the long, grueling task of wrapping presents delivering toys world wide?
 
http://ct.iscute.com/ol/ic/sw/i54/2/12/1/ic_6d54735ce0edb3f2c6f7e5b4818cf778.jpg

I posed this question to Left Brain, as he was running upstairs to make some nachos.    I thought he could ponder his answer while waiting for the cheese to melt.

"Rye and coke, and some ribs.  Maybe finish with some Decadent cookies."

1.4 seconds
S'sly?

Well, the man knows what he likes.
He did propose after only a year of dating after all.

Okay then.
I would like a toasted BLT (and cheese please) on whole wheat, pickle on the side, and some Pringles chips and since I am driving a sleigh; I'll stick with Ginger Ale and Cranberry.

What?
That's what I like.

But if it needs to be simple:  a glass of milk and my grandma's shortbread cookies will also suit me fine.
Because during this jolly, busy season: some things should just be simple.

Bea The Greats' Shortbread Cookies

1 cup butter
1- 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
chopped maraschino cherries
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
cream together butter and icing sugar.  gradually add the flour and mix until well blended.
Drop tsp. size portions onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Garnish with cherry pieces.
Bake for 10-15 minutes; until edges golden 
brown.
LET COOL - cookies will be very soft.

http://www.baconcoma.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Bacon-Santa.jpgA simple recipe.....that gives big on taste.

Now, if you excuse me, I have to go back out and buy ribs and rye.
And bacon.

Because, you should just always have bacon.

Next Week:   What?  No.  Next week is Christmas Eve.  Don't be here... unless you really want to drop by.  But I won't be here.
I'll be frying bacon.

See you in the New Year!
Coffee Chat returns Tues., Jan. 7th, 2014