Sometimes I'm a bad blogger.
I see something Awesome Sauce (do we still say that?) and I want to participate.

And then Netflix puts Season 3 of The Walking Dead AND all current Seasons of Downton Abbey on and....whooops!
there goes the day.

Also, sometimes I am just behind in what the cool kids are saying and I don't want to embarrass myself in front of All The Bloggers.

I also forgot to take anything out for supper tonight and the kids ate Kraft Dinner and hot dogs.

Yeah, that's me.
Naughty. 

But before you put me on that list and stuff a hard rock coal in my stockings (wow, that statement could have went All Kinds of Wrong!), I'm gonna grab my chance at being good right now.

My wonderful writer friend, Kir from The Kir Corner is hosting Old School Blogging with me this month!  She came up with these super fun questions and I am so excited to have her here!!  If you do not know her (but who doesn’t??) then you must get over to her place and READ.  She also wears fabulous shoes and gives THE best hugs on the planet.  No lie.
This is OSB the Holiday Edition!  Copy and paste the questions below and join us in some holiday cheer, I know Kir could use extra!
Don’t forget to tweet with us too, using the hashtag, #OSBlog!

First things first: 1 Holy Night or 8 Crazy Ones? (Do you Celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, both?)
We celebrate Christmas here.   And for my house that means Christ is Born!!   But we do Santa, and all the other traditional things too.   The Nativity scene is on the fireplace mantel, and the stockings are hung underneath with care too.   Might seem odd to some, but hey.....I do believe we have already covered that I am not always on the straight and narrow.


Peppermint or Chocolate?

After Eights!!   Definitely a family tradition and I cannot wait to eat my first one!


http://www.international-chocolates.com/i/aftereight4.jpg

Sing us into the Holiday Season, what is your favorite Carol this time of year?

Michael Buble is on my TV RIGHT NOW!!
It's the Michael Buble Christmas Special .... a whole hour of Michael!!  Singing!!  Christmas Songs!!
I do believe that should sufficiently answer the question.

Aside from that, I do get a kick out of some Bob Rivers too.
Or rather, my naughty side indulges.

Tell us about a Favorite Family or Personal Holiday Tradition.

My absolute favourite family traditions are when we gathered at my late grandparents house on Christmas  Day.   And that's a BIG gathering let me tell you - my mom is one of eleven kids.  I have over 20 cousins easily.  And they keep coming.    Now we gather at my aunt's house, and it's not often as big; but we still gather and that is the most important thing.  And, Oh Good Gracious Get The Tums - the food.   The incredible amount of delicious food. 

We also go out and cut down our own Christmas Tree -- you can read about this year's adventure HERE.    That's a passed down tradition too.


C’mon you remember your favorite  (Christmas, Hanukkah) gift, tell us all about it:

I absolutely do remember.
I got a horse.   Yep, I'm that girl.
Her name was Beauty ...... and she was.
My grandfather gave her to me (he raised horses) and then taught me - along with my aunt and many cousins - to show her at local fairs.

As an adult, I can't really remember.  I love giving more.
And honestly -- how do you top an actual live horse?

That magical moment? (Your favorite scene from a Holiday movie…it’s okay if you have 2)

If you are a frequent visitor here, you know my youngest daughter goes by the call sign "ZooZoo"; and that's straight from the moment in It's A Wonderful Life when George Bailey discovers ZuZu's petals are back in his pocket. 




My humorous choice would be Hugh Grant as the dancing Prime Minister of Britain in Love Actually.

Kissing under the mistletoe?  Who do you hope is standing underneath (We know it’s normally your spouse, if it did not have to be, who would you choose?)

Hmmm, this must be your first time here...... otherwise you would know:  Do Not Awake the Fangirl!!
Since I actually met Norman Reedus aka "Daryl Dixon" this past summer, and found him to  smell really fantastic and that his hands are nice when they hold yours  be a perfect gentleman; let's go with that.
But I would not be opposed if Hugh Jackman, or Keanu Reeves.....or even Adam Levine shoved him out of the way.

Swans a swimming, lords a leaping, golden rings; which gift of the 12 days of Christmas would you like most?

Can I choose the Canadian version courtesy of Bob and Doug Mackenzie?  Because on the fourth day they give 4 pounds of back bacon.  Christmas Gold folks!!

Otherwise, I will opt for the traditional 8 maids a-milking, because if you grew up on a farm mostly.....well, you'd understand that someone else doing the milking is a darn good gift!

Play Secret Santa, what inappropriate gift would you love to give this year?

Oh, the naughty me thanks you kindly, and I am totally giving my hubby, Left Brain, his very own boob pillow.      I know what men want, what they really, really want....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5v_gYFvO9cA/TfYzfVA_LVI/AAAAAAAAAh4/h3x26Lc_sAQ/s1600/iBoobs.jpg


Martha Stewart or the Grinch? What is your decorating style? (Pictures would be awesome!)

I am so not Martha.   I think my Santa Hat wearing Silhouette Girls are testimony to that fact.
But I do try.   I have a mix; things I bought, things given to me, things I attempted to make.  It all comes together in one mismatched Christmas mashup - that somehow works.
A genuine Christmas miracle right there!

Elf clothing drying o'er the fireplace

Nativity scene above drying Elf clothes - because of course

and stockings on either side

my favourite candle handed down to me from mom - it stays out all winter
What is ONE WORD that defines the holiday season for you? (Examples: Believe/Wonder/Bah Humbug?)

I already mentioned that Christ is a big part of Christmas for us, but after that, it is definitely about Family.    My best memories, my favourite traditions,  and all the things I love almost always come back to family.   And I feel so blessed to be able to start my own memories with our little family now too.

If Santa could assure its delivery, what’s the first thing on your holiday wish LIST?

I wish my hubby was sitting with me right now, because I would love to give this wish over to him.  He already presented me with a new iPhone 4 (it was time to for a grade up with our plan), and I honestly cannot think of  anything I want in terms of possessions this yeaer.    Since he has worked overtime to be able to buy gifts for our kids:  I'd like to grant his wish (not that one honey, stand down boy!) this Christmas to thank him for all the hard work he does.   I may make a lot of sacrifice as a stay at home mom, but he is also the one who has to go out and do and often thankless job.

The Miss Elaine-ous LifeWish it quick baby....before I go upstairs and find any crumbs left on the counter, or underwear on the floor.

If you want to participate, head on over.   Like Fast.
I am just getting in under the wire with 2 days left.
But if you miss it -- it will be back again next month.