I have a cold.
It's minus 22 Celsius with the wind chill.
That's feckin cold.

But, we need a Christmas Tree.
Hey kids? Who doesn't want to go to school today?

Do you hear what I hear?
Yeah.....like I had to ask.

So, after pancakes, eggs, and bacon; we loaded up in 6 or 7 layers of clothing and off we went to the tree farm.
Don't believe?
Guess which child of mine this is.
(seriously.... I have no idea, toss me some guesses)


Our favourite tree hunting place is Cedar Hill Christmas Tree Farm
If you are located anywhere near the Ottawa Valley area -- I highly recommend.

First, they have tons of trees.   And they will get you to them via wagon ride (sometimes horse drawn if you are really lucky.)    They will provide the saw.   You will need it.   And a sled to get that perfect tree back to the wagon pick up spot.   Your hands saved from prickly needles will thank them.
They will shake and wrap your tree for you if you prefer.
There will be hot chocolate in the cozy cedar lodge -- and the biggest fireplace I have ever seen.
You will want the home-made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with your hot cocoa.  Trust.

If you brought the kiddos, they will love the sled hill, hay maze, climbing structure, and zip line.
You may forget you brought them.
Unless it is minus 20 degrees Celsius outside, in which case they will be sipping cocoa by the fire and petting cute bunnies.   Either way:  they will have fun.

Oh, and I dare you to leave without also buying one of those gorgeous home-made evergreen wreaths.   
That is, if you can sneak the payment in before hubby gets back from tying the tree to the van.
Don't hesitate: that's my best advice.

What follows is a photo-dump.
I sacrificed my fingers and already challenged lungs to bring you this much beauty and fun.
You're welcome.
And Merry Christmas -- Tree.

I think this is my family in front of our tree -- it really was cold.

Left Brain working the saw.   Or..."Butt Shot" as my kids say

Just one of the many fields of trees.  Balsam and Fraser Firs are here. 

The Lodge that has a fireplace and Cafe Claus (you can see the outdoor fire place to the left)

hay maze and climbing structure

ZooZoo Climbs and Angel Girl peekaboo

Monkey Boy prefers the sled hill....until he must climb back up
beautiful wreaths by Ria - one of the owners
-
1 of 4 cute bunnies (um, sorry about the pellets.)
Yes, yes this is my favourite spot.

After all the hunting, sawing, sledding, climbing, cocoa sipping and fire warming, it's this:


 To this:

my house smells like fresh evergreen!  Best.Ever
A quick aside, we opt for the Balsam Fir varieties because they have great structure, fairly strong branches and tend to hold their needles better (although not as strong as a Fraser, but I can't resist the scent of a Balsam).    Traditionally most people purchase the Douglas Fir variety --- which is why your house smells great, you don't hurt your fingers putting on the ornaments........and you will pick needles out of your house until summer.

Be sure and drop by for Wordless Wednesday to see the finished O Christmas Tree.
I'll have hot cocoa.
Sorry, no bunnies.