Tomorrow is remembrance day.
The poppies are bought and worn proudly and with somber reflection.

I consider what our forefathers fought and died for - and wonder if that world still exits?
We seem so lost and broken.   So much has gone wrong.    Sometimes I fear that we have fallen too far away from the principles/freedoms that were so hard won for us.

And yet, there are still many of heart and courage who will answer the call to defend a dream that has not died.

http://www.orange.ca/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=73&g2_serialNumber=3

 Our Pastor made an interesting, and not all together surprising, comment in today's sermon.    He stated that we are now living in a Post Christian World.   That the moral truths that were once rooted in the Fear of God, are now vanishing.   Those fundamental Christian principles, truths, etc, are no longer the perspective our Nation follows.   In this new world, Christians are publicly mocked for their beliefs.  For their moral stance.

Reference point?
See Richard Dawkins, Rally For Reason (held March 2012)

 When I meet somebody who claims to be religious, my first impulse is, don’t believe you, I don’t believe you, until you tell me, do you really believe, for example, if they say they are Catholic, do you really believe that when a priest blesses a wafer it turns into the Body of Christ. Are you seriously telling me you believe that?! Are you seriously saying that wine turns into blood? Mock them! Ridicule them! [Pause]. In public. Don’t fall for the convention that we’re all too polite to talk about religion. Religion is not off the table. Religion is not off the list. Religion makes specific claims about the universe which need to be substantiated, and need to be challenged, and if necessary, need to be ridiculed with contempt. [Cheering].

 (my emphasis)

This from a man who on on his website specifically claims the intent of the rally is NOT to trash religion, and that it is meant to be a positive experience.   It is mainly an opportunity to highlight all that atheists have achieved; "a celebration of secular values."

Well, they fought and died for your right to do that too.
I am not threatened by your public mockery.   Nor am I afraid of your ridicule.  

But clearly you have shown me this:  Christians are not just suffering in some 3rd world country where they have gone to present the gospel.   Those missionaries may indeed ultimately pay a heavier price, but for me as well - Right Here in the land of the free and brave:  there is a cost to declare yourself a God Loving, Fearing Christian.

I will still stand for Christ.

And I hope that my own delivery would Never Ever be born upon the tone of mockery, ridicule or self righteous finger pointing.   I am not your judge, nor do I care to be.   I do not live in a bubble, hidden away from a world I find contemptible.
I still see the awesome.   I still see the beauty.   And I still see helpers; everywhere.
From many different organizations: religious or not.

If you have been negatively or poorly treated by one claiming the mark of Christianity, may I please be the one to stand up, pay the cost, and say:  I am Sorry. Please forgive me.

I would like to have a bigger heart, better eyes and a gentler voice.
I would like to show you Love.   Because I believe that some truths still stand.
My grandfather thought they were worth fighting for.
And some rules were never meant to be broken:

John 15:12-15
English Standard Version (ESV)
12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."

The world is broken.
It's not you.
It's not me.
But what of "us?"

As my pastor said:  In a world full of so many "isms":  Me'ism has left the greatest mark.

 I don't believe that we could possibly have all the answers.
But I do believe - I have One.
And that is why I like to share it.

No mockery.  No judgement.  No ridicule.
It is a gift without strings.
And I will promise you this:   It will  ALWAYS be wrapped in love.

http://pastorgregumc.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/love_thy_neighbor-billboard.jpg


a celebration of secular values.
a celebration of secular values.