As I mentioned previously on the blog, I am taking the time these days to try out some new recipes.

People - I've Instagramed my dinner.
I only confess that because I know many of you have done the same.

It's good to be amongst your own people.

Today's recipe is one of my faves because It Only Dirties One Pot!!
*and all the readers cheered and made her their Queen*

Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Skillet Dinner

Here is what you will need in a snapshot:


Ingredients:

2 large, or 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks (season w/ salt and pepper if wish)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped  (I didn't have any this particular day)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flake (if you want the spice)
8 oz pasta of choice (I used rainbow veggie pasta)
1 and 2/3 cup chicken stock
2 and 3/4 cups water, divided
8 oz broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup heavy cream  (I used 10% to cut the fat and it tasted fine)
1 cup of cheddar cheese shredded
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper


 Method:

heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a very large non-stick skillet.   Add the chicken chunks and cook until the chicken is browned on both sides, and almost entirely cooked through.


Look at those pics!
It's like I know what I'm doing!

Remove chicken from the pan, cover and set aside

add that other tbsp. of olive oil to your pan and put in your chopped onions and cook for a few minutes (they will be translucent), then add the chopped garlic.
After a few minutes add the fresh oregano and red pepper flakes if you like some spice.


then add your chicken broth, water and pasta of choice.
bring to a boil and cook until your pasta is tender:  about 12-15 minutes




 Once the pasta has absorbed most of the liquid, add your broccoli, reduce heat and simmer for another 5 minutes; or until the broccoli is tender. (if necessary, this is where you might add a bit more water.)



Add in the cooked chicken, 1/2 cup of heavy cream cheddar cheese and increase heat to medium high.   Continue stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.  5-10 minutes



Remove from heat - sauce will thicken as it stands.
Add salt and pepper to taste.



Enjoy!
I got a few grumble from the Minions because OH MY GOD THE FOOD IS TOUCHING!!
But once they got over that phobia, they actually did like it.  sorta.
It may have been that the only other choice was....ah, breakfast.

But Left Brain gave it two thumbs.
Which of course really just means "seconds."