Wow - this is very exciting.
I can now proudly say that my collection of Authors I Actually Know, is growing by the minute!

Okay, granted.   I don't actually know them -- seeing as how our friendship exists mostly in the virtual realm.   You can't really know someone you've never actually met, face-to-face.  Right?

Not so sure about that.  I imagine, if you believe that, you probably have not read one of their books, or heard their story.

Those of you whom have been with me for several years now are most likely quite familiar with one of my favourite blog memes:  Friday Four Fill in Fun with Hilary of Feeling Beachie as our wonderful hostess.    Well, I am so happy and proud to say that Hilary has just published her first book:  Dangled Carat!!

buy it here!
I was so honoured to be one of the privileged people who she gave the opportunity to receive an advance copy, so that I could review the book.


First of all, if you check my right sidebar under Rory Recommends, you will see an image of the book; if you click it, it will lead straight to the Amazon location where you can purchase your copy.  (digital, Kindle and paperback editions available)

A Book Blurb:

For anyone who has ever dated a commitment-phobe, who has found their patience wearing thin with the one they love, or who has sat around wondering if he is ever going to pop the question while trying to remain the very picture of patience and grace, Hilary's humorous and honest story will hit home.

Let's face it ladies - most of us have either dealt with such a man in the past, or are currently in the head-shaking, eye-rolling, why-won't-he-just-commit-already stage of dealing.  At the very least, you have a friend, a niece, maybe your own daughter who is at that point in their lives, and wondering:  How Do I Get Him to Just Pop the Question?

You know, before I found Left Brain and put an end to all that pondering, my go to resource was most likely Cosmopolitan Magazine.  Because, of course.
Where else would a single gal trying to Meet and Rope Mr. Right go for all sorts of games, schemes, rules, good advice concerning men; than a woman's magazine.   Right?

Wrong.
Now, don't get me wrong - I loved my time with Cosmo; but with a little more knowledge and experience alongside me, I now wonder if that women's bible was really helpful at all.

No such wondering with this delightful memoir by Hilary.
What I loved most about this modern day love story, is that it is not actually a story.
Which is not to say that the author is not engaging in the telling of her tale - oh believe: you will laugh, cry, roll your eyes and shake your fists while muttering "men!" along with her.

Rather this is Real Life True Account of How Love Moves

The thing that touched me the most about Hilary's story was that it is genuine, moving and not contrived or manipulated in any manner.   If you are looking for the latest feminine wiles, games or schemes to land a man - this is not the book for you.  (Unless of course you have been doing that and having grown weary of such nonsense; would like to change your approach to something more genuine.)

In the story of Hilary and Marc, you will experience frustration, but you will also find maturity, honesty, and overall the willingness to not just walk your own path with dignity and grace - but to also allow your partner the time and space to do the same.    That is a great gift.   Allowing someone you love, to be the person they are.

What I said at the beginning, about knowing Hilary, despite never actually meeting her.   You will understand this when you read the book.   And what's more, you will also know Marc.    You will root for Hilary, but you will also understand Marc's journey as well.   Even though this is very much a woman's story, you will see both sides.

And that is why, when you reach the end Dangled Carat, you will come to love them and want the best for them.   No matter the conclusion.

And that my friends, is how love moves.
You don't have to be single to fall in love with this book.   Anyone who has won, or lost...or is still simply waiting for love to show, will enjoy reading Hilary's gem of a tale.


http://bachiles.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/hilary.jpg?w=338&h=450
Hilary Grossman

To celebrate this wonderful occasion, Hilary has some great surprises, as per her book website, Dangled Carat:

TO CELEBRATE THE PUBLICATION - I am giving away one autographed signed copy, one $25 Victoria Secret gift card, and one CD by my very dear friend, Sandi Rose, “when you believe.”  This is the first of many giveaways to follow!



Congratulations Hilary!!    So happy that your dream of being an author has come true.
Well done my friend, well done!